Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 22-23 OBS/Disco

nzucker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have a great mall there. ( Lived in Black Lick for a year last year)

They mentioned a 1inch hail report at the mall and 2 inch not far from there.

457 PM HAIL GREENSBURG 40.30N 79.54W03/23/2011 E1.00 INCH WESTMORELAND PA TRAINED SPOTTER WESTMORELAND MALL

0450 PM HAIL GREENSBURG 40.30N 79.54W03/23/2011 E2.00 INCH WESTMORELAND PA TRAINED SPOTTER

Still snow patches in the wooded areas from this morning, just noticed that when I walked the dog; my mom reported 0.5" fell in Dobbs Ferry while I was deep in slumber. Looked like a nice coating to me when I glanced out the window but was too tired to care after 70" this season.

Now it is snowing, perhaps mixing with a bit of rain, at 32.8/32 at the downtown station.

I don't think I'll need that pic proof after all. :devilsmiley:

Current radar looks great for places that have already received moderate precipitation and less good for places to the N and E of the metro that have received much less so far. Sleet and large aggregated snowflakes well to the north of NYC suggest a warm layer, probably above 850mb, in response to southeasterly mid-level flow. Hopefully that pushes the heavier rain/snow far enough north to get most of us some accumulating stuff tonight.

Things are starting to jell. Becoming more and more confident that the abrupt cut back in the models was convective feedback from the ohio valley explosion.

I was going to suggest convective feedback issues earlier but I was afraid I would get killed for doing so.... seems the picking is worse on here than an Elementary School playground.

Archived