Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 22-23 OBS/Disco

nzucker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So whats the deal tonight? Local mets said 3-6 for my area from this storm, but I think I hit 4 or 5 already. Tonight is supposed to be the bulk of the qpf, no?

ETA: lots of little tiny flakes here in boonton at the moment...not sticking to anything and current snow continues to mel. 34.7 degrees.

Snowing at a good clip here in Bayside. Good flakes too. Not too big or small.

I dont know how they could be too big :P But yeah we've switched from the super large wet snowflakes to a smaller size that's still falling at a nice rate. Looks like the sleet is gone as I no longer hear pinging.

You can see when you look up how it's snowing and then at the ground all that makes it is some slop. I bet anyone up past 300-400 feet is all snow. I'm only on the 3rd floor of my building. :(

Patience. Models reward us 8pm - 2am. Hopefully, they are correct.

1 or 2" on the ground up in Putnam and southern Dutchess. Very fine snow/flurries ongoing. Temps around 32F at 500ft and 35F at sea level. Looks like heavier precip stayed just to the south overnight. Danbury, Montgomery, and Poughkeepsie obs sites show very light liquid equivalent over the past 12 hours compared to locations in NJ and NYC.

And unfortunately, the 12z ggem and 12z ukie have very little for tonight. GFS, NAM, SREFS and HRRR did. Let's see.

Evans on 7 had an interesting forecast.... he did a future radar outlook which showed a strong area of thunderstorms from Trenton on southward, with our area and north snowing at around 10 PM. He said it would be a mix to start around 5 PM but transition to all snow around 10 PM with convection and it would taper off by 9 AM tomorrow. He only had us picking up around an inch of snow though.

A few people were chatting about it yesterday, but it's just incredible that we're getting frozen precipitation. The gradient is ridiculous.

Mid 80s with red flag warnings in Raleigh today, while I'm sitting at 34F and a miserably cold rain here in Villanova. Today's one of those days I wish for the former.

Archived