Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Around 1.5 inches thus far. Good pasting of moderate snow + ongoing. 31 degrees..... I hope that tailing stuff in Central NY can rotate through here ...because it's already done southwest toward BGM.

Oh hmm... I would've thought you had 3" so far at over 1,000ft in elevation.

I'm surprised you only have 1.5" at that elevation after working 2/3rds through the precip field, while MRG Pete reported 1.5" like 30-60 minutes ago waaaay to your east.

Oh hmm... I would've thought you had 3" so far at over 1,000ft in elevation.

I'm surprised you only have 1.5" at that elevation after working 2/3rds through the precip field, while MRG Pete reported 1.5" like 30-60 minutes ago way to your east.

I was a little surprised at the amount...even at 2k.

I was a little surprised at the amount...even at 2k.

I didn't really think much about it, but now looking closer at the radar loop and other observations... its almost done in the Catskills and it looks like 2-3" even up in the 1-2K elevation band. If Pete had 1.5" a while back on the leading edge of the precip shield, he's on his way to warning criteria snow, haha.

He's using the cm side of the ruler

I'm not calling him out on it haha.... but looking at observations on WXNET 6 out of the Albany area... at 8:30am there was 0.25" of snow accumulation at 2,200ft in Greene County, NY (Catskill region near Hunter Mtn).

http://weathernet6.wrgb.com/view_report.asp?RID=1226

Pete had 1.5" at 2,000ft around 9am in the Berkshires.

At 9:11am, Rick reported 1.3" at 1,000ft just west of Albany.

http://weathernet6.w...rt.asp?RID=1223

Some 3 inch reports in the western Catskills and done there now..... The next batch stays along/north of about route 20 in NY and probably route 2 in MA I think..... Further south a quick few hour shot and out.

I didn't really think much about it, but now looking closer at the radar loop and other observations... its almost done in the Catskills and it looks like 2-3" even up in the 1-2K elevation band. If Pete had 1.5" a while back on the leading edge of the precip shield, he's on his way to warning criteria snow, haha.

Not surprising at all after seeing the 6z models drop about a quarter inch across a lot of C/NNE.

Most of the models are closer to 0.50" than 0.25" through CNE into ME. The SREFs are still holding a 0.50" contour from about me through W ME, but yeah...it's cut back in WNE. This isn't a good wind for the CV. I like what's approaching from upstate NY right now.

Archived