Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

JB chucking high and deep..though I think the weekend system also hits us too

On the issue of snow and ice. Well first of all, for those of you in the northeast that had a thunderstorm this morning ( north of the Mason DIxon Line), you have my permission to test the Carolina Folklore rule yet again. for accumulating snow within 10 days. The system later in the week will have its axis a bit further north than I thought when I first starting looking at this from last week… from the northern plains to southern New England with the heaviest snow, though ice will make it as far south as I 70 in Pa, and snow will fly down to I-80 further west but behind the system ( lakes, midwest). The next one is further south this weekend with snows from the plains to the northern mid atlantic states and in spite of the Calender marching deeper into spring, the storm track may put snow down as far south as I 70 in the plains next week and it would not be surprising to see it snow, at least in the air, all the way into the coastal mid atlantic next week!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I started as a RA/PL mix at the bottom of the Hudson Valley. Now snowing heavily, sticking to everything including the street. Temp has dropped from 39F to 33.7F downtown, probably a bit cooler here.

Wow, almost 6 degree drop. Good to hear since I'm in an elevated valley location currently at 34.5/28 patiently awaiting the first flakes.

Sn+. 1.5" down. Dumping.

Nice Pete. Is that at your worksite?

Nothing doing here in Leominster yet.

Temps were in the upper 20s when I left for work at 6:40 and it looks like Hubbardston is 32. Should be great there unless they are stupid and have an early release day (which would be a disaster)

Can't wait to hit Wachusett after work.

I thought I was cooked when I was up to 39F.

But, alas, happy spring from Dobbs:

You guys have some fun ahead of you. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Nice... but LOL I forgot what it looks like for it to snow on bare ground. I hear from ski_MRG the Hudson Valley is pretty bare of snow now even up past Albany.

S+ at Montgomery NY and some 1/2SM vis rpts. down in the lower Catskills.

Yeah its definitely going to rip for a few hours... it is no joke though, that slug of precipitation is trucking eastward. Back edge has already cleared BGM and is into the western Catskills.

3 hour deal it seems like, although it should slow a bit as it moves eastward.

Yeah its definitely going to rip for a few hours... it is no joke though, that slug of precipitation is trucking eastward. Back edge has already cleared BGM and is into the western Catskills.

3 hour deal it seems like, although it should slow a bit as it moves eastward.

VT should do well.

VT should do well.

Yeah, I'm thinking 3-5", maybe 6" high up... it'll just be a longer duration thing up here but I think we'll end up with about the same as the northern Berks.

I think jackpot will be near the Killington area over towards Dendrite... probably down towards Mt Snow in S.VT and into the Monadnocks. That general region will do quite well.

Archived