Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL>.the pavement will melt in the sun tomorrow.

Yeah I think we all will shovel at least 4-8 on Thursday

I'm thinking 2" is close to a lock for you. Maybe you can get 3".

We'll have to see if those echoes nw of Utica can develop to the ESE. That may bode well for Will and especially HubbDave. You can actually see the s/w on radar just south of SYR.

Nice. I was thinking maybe widespread 2-3" but I could see some areas getting 4-5". My only reason is if this area of precip is rather narrow. Certainly temps support snow and perhaps a wetbulb down to 30 or 31F.

I personally think I'll be closer to 3" but I think there will be some 4-5" amounts in the northern hill towns and into Monads.

Snow has begun here. Light, but picking up quickly. BL a bit warmer than I expected last night at 33.1 degrees due to SE wind and downsloping. Should wet bulb down to around 31 or so as snow gets going. Hudson Valley is in the mid to upper 30s, so accums could be limited out that way. East Slope looks great for a nice mini snow bomb.

You should have a 2-3hr period where it comes down good. Albany radar looks great. Hopefully you rip past 3". Jealous..lol.

Well I'll be headed west on Rt 2 in a bit. Worked from Megan's last night, so not back in ORH yet. Want to beat the snow home.

Hopefully we can get heavy snow for a bit. If we stay mostly at 3/4 type stuff, then we'll probably have trouble clearing 2".

SPC mesoanalysis shows that the 925mb temps have wetbulbed and dynamically cooled to -4C over the Hudson Valley just S of ALB. They should cool at least to that and probably colder over much of our region as the cold air is a bit deeper.

With those type of 925mb temps, most higher terrain should have no problem getting below freezing and lower elevations shouldn't have too many ptype issues...esp in N CT/MA and W of 128.

SPC mesoanalysis shows that the 925mb temps have wetbulbed and dynamically cooled to -4C over the Hudson Valley just S of ALB. They should cool at least to that and probably colder over much of our region as the cold air is a bit deeper.

With those type of 925mb temps, most higher terrain should have no problem getting below freezing and lower elevations shouldn't have too many ptype issues...esp in N CT/MA and W of 128.

Are you above 32?

I just got back from dropping off kids for school and bus..and it's 31.4 here

Sky has the perfect snowy look. Should start very soon

Are you above 32?

I just got back from dropping off kids for school and bus..and it's 31.4 here

I'm just about to leave from Megans...ORH airport was 31F last hour. They might get down to like 29F when the snow moves in over the next 30-60 minutes.

The current radar loop shows the Hudson Valley going from all rain to snow as the heavier precip. moves in. Pretty cool.

I'm just about to leave from Megans...ORH airport was 31F last hour. They might get down to like 29F when the snow moves in over the next 30-60 minutes.

Yeah my dew is 27..so i think we get into the upper 20's easy. Roads are gonna be bad..and TBH..I don't think most folks realize what is coming between now and 1:00. It's gonna rip.

The current radar loop shows the Hudson Valley going from all rain to snow as the heavier precip. moves in. Pretty cool.

Yeah I started as a RA/PL mix at the bottom of the Hudson Valley. Now snowing heavily, sticking to everything including the street. Temp has dropped from 39F to 33.7F downtown, probably a bit cooler here.

Archived