Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro still showing modest QPF, but based on radar, western ma and ct could get hit pretty good. We need to watch how this shield organizes.

Radar looks very juicy, that's why I am still up. Upton just put out a special weather statement for the area saying that 2-3" may fall for those with a bit of elevation, mainly talking about Putnam County in NY State I believe, but this may apply to many.

for what it's worth, were doing pretty damn well in NW NJ all things considered. Probably about 1/2" and was coming down real good for a while (still snowing at a good clip)..Roads are starting to get covered. Night time is definitely helping us though and I'm not sure how you guys will do middle of the daytime up there outside of elevated areas. I'm thinking coating - 1" on grassy areas Providence - Taunton - Norwood - Plymouth corridor.

That map doesn't agree with the BOX disco.

Edit, it's for Thursday, but not sure why it's displayed.

We messed up. We can only run one snow grid at a time so the current one will display. Forgot to delete the one for Wed-Thu (which was the one from yesterday afternoon anyway). We had that one changed so quickly, though. Boy, you guys keep your eyes peeled, don't ya?!?

--Turtle ;)

Let's see. I have:

1) a WWA that says 1-4

2) a zfp that says 3-5

3) a point and click that says 3-7"

Hmmmmmm

29.9/23

Don't trust the ZFP. That's a zone wide average. Best is the point and click...or at least we try. :arrowhead:

--Turtle ;)

We messed up. We can only run one snow grid at a time so the current one will display. Forgot to delete the one for Wed-Thu (which was the one from yesterday afternoon anyway). We had that one changed so quickly, though. Boy, you guys keep your eyes peeled, don't ya?!?

--Turtle ;)

Ha ha, figured it was just a minor glitch. That's MaineJayhawk for ya...got the quick reflexes.

Let's see. I have:

1) a WWA that says 1-4

2) a zfp that says 3-5

3) a point and click that says 3-7"

Hmmmmmm

29.9/23

28/20, I've always thought the p/c was quite accurate. Sticking with the 4-6" call although 7" is fine by me. I've got the skis in the truck and I'm off to 2k. I'll pretend to work until the snow accumulates then call it a day and ski, ski ,ski.

I'm wondering if I might be able to pull 3-4 out of this today

Dude... I definitely think you'll have 3". I've been in the office for an hour looking at today's weather and this is definitely further south with the cold air and best forcing. Boundary layer temps will be the problem but at 1,000ft I think you're fine for 3" when that slug of moisture out near ALB-BGM-SYR moves through.

This looks a lot more snowy for SNE than it did 24 hours at least to me... and a little less snowy up here as that convection has been robbing moisture further north. Models yesterday were insistent on at least a half inch of QPF, maybe even 3/4ths up this way, but now its looking like 1/4-1/2" QPF at most.

Dude... I definitely think you'll have 3". I've been in the office for an hour looking at today's weather and this is definitely further south with the cold air and best forcing. Boundary layer temps will be the problem but at 1,000ft I think you're fine for 3" when that slug of moisture out near ALB-BGM-SYR moves through.

This looks a lot more snowy for SNE than it did 24 hours at least to me... and a little less snowy up here as that convection has been robbing moisture further north. Models yesterday were insistent on at least a half inch of QPF, maybe even 3/4ths up this way, but now its looking like 1/4-1/2" QPF at most.

Yeah ..I made a post to Will yesterday about how the Feb 21st storm looked north at first and then ended up south ..jackpotting sw CT..This seems to be doing the same thing but a little farther north. WIll be fun to follow.

Gotta wonder if the same idea will play out with the mid week storm

I made a comment about the convection last night, but I think the WAA burst will help organize the radar a little more up your way.

Yeah it's possible he sees 3+" if we can get that burst in here.

Archived