Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

big big spring more like it

Sometime around May 1st for that nonsense.

... and then more snow seems likely a few days after that later next weekend. As if that's not enough, the past 6 runs of the GFS have indicated yet a 4th threat a few days after that.

This was just to strong a Winter for it to go out with a whimper.Wire to wire snowcover and persistently cold (mostly). I've felt confident that snow and cold would come back into the picture after the lull. Nice to have snow on deck, with more threats stacking up. There have been some awesome Aprils wrt skiing, this will be another.

I've been left with this empty feeling for a while now, so I'm hoping one of these produces...hopefully sooner rather than later. Just one last nice event and this winter can go in peace, and my soul left rested.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam and Birvine and Tippy are going to be absolutely miserable the next 30-45 days...much below normal temps, snowcover lasting into late April/..no spring warmth..nothing growing, nothing greening up..just cold and snowy holding hands with cold and dry...doe ci doe your partna

I'm all for heavy heavy snow...the problem is the 30s and 40s and light snow/drizzle type Spring pattern. Give me nor'easters any month and it's gold. THe past 6 weeks have been hell, so hopefully it breaks right before accumulating snow becomes nearly impossible for most of us near or under 1000'

Nice to be back from the warmth of D.C. I think 1-3" here is looking decent. Living the extremes-70 and sunny back to snow here. No 40s and drizzle for me. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Epic. Epic Spring incoming!! Heavy Heavy Snow!!

Just got back in from the weekend in MD. Boy, the snow pack took royal beating from Friday on. Lost over half the snow cover, lots of grass. Nice to see 2-4" in the zfp (though my p/c says 3-5). Much to catch up on here as I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks.

40.2/14

D.C was in all out spring mode. 70s followed by 60s, trees blooming...etc.

When we came back tonight everyone mentioned how you know were back because of the dirty snow piles lol.

Sam and Birvine and Tippy are going to be absolutely miserable the next 30-45 days...much below normal temps, snowcover lasting into late April/..no spring warmth..nothing growing, nothing greening up..just cold and snowy holding hands with cold and dry...doe ci doe your partna

This.

These next 10 days may make up for the first 20 day disaster in a big big way

It's unfortunate the favorable pattern didn't occur in the first couple of weeks of March; climo is much friendlier to those without elevation before the Spring Equinox. This -NAO pattern may be a day late and a dollar short for some of us, although we do have the overrunning threat Wednesday and then a coastal the following weekend to track, so that makes it interesting.

It's unfortunate the favorable pattern didn't occur in the first couple of weeks of March; climo is much friendlier to those without elevation before the Spring Equinox. This -NAO pattern may be a day late and a dollar short for some of us, although we do have the overrunning threat Wednesday and then a coastal the following weekend to track, so that makes it interesting.

Ironic that just as it gets snowy and active here its also getting snowy and active in AK.

Alyeska should see some snow tonight/tomorrow from WAA ahead of the Aleutian low, and then another snowstorm Thursday with a GoA low developing. Definitely looks like a good pattern for them to catch up.

Just got off the phone with Pete in Willow. Things are looking better and better. He said they flew into a few spots scouting for us and, indeed, there is POW in them thar hills.

Well it should definitely be fun to track the models this next 10 day period...hopefully the threats can pan out for the most part. Its fun to track, but even more fun to actually experience them.

Tomorrow's event could be pretty exciting for about a 3 hour period. It'll all be dependent on how good the omega is which looks good now, but it could still end up a bit weaker and if it does, it will be much tougher to accumulate.

What an odd storm with so much convection firing over the Great Lakes. Certainly unusual to expect snow from a system like this.

I've been under some persistent bands north of Chicago near the lakefront. Pretty nice ltng displays but temps have remained cool. You can still see the ltng to the NE over the lake.

Looks like a nice burst of snow in the morning may delay our flight back tomorrow. Hoping for a chance Wed/Thurs as it may be among our final possibilities.

Well it should definitely be fun to track the models this next 10 day period...hopefully the threats can pan out for the most part. Its fun to track, but even more fun to actually experience them.

Tomorrow's event could be pretty exciting for about a 3 hour period. It'll all be dependent on how good the omega is which looks good now, but it could still end up a bit weaker and if it does, it will be much tougher to accumulate.

What do you see for the timing of this up here? 8-2 or so with heaviest 11-1ish?

This will be the first decent spring event since 2007

What do you see for the timing of this up here? 8-2 or so with heaviest 11-1ish?

This will be the first decent spring event since 2007

Probably starts around 12z...perhaps a little after. Yeah heaviest looks like late morning into lunch time in the 10-12 or 10-1 time range.

Last measurable snowfall after Mar 15th here was in 2007. Pretty hard to believe. 2009 ended on Mar 9th, 2008 on Mar 15th...and we don't even need to bring up last year.

after he blew a major blizzard back in 05' I don't listen to him much...he literally had 1-3" while there was a blizzard warning in effect...I just didn't understand and said to myself " I am going to go to school so i can be a better forecaster than him"

That's a first for this winter...er um spring

after he blew a major blizzard back in 05' I don't listen to him much...he literally had 1-3" while there was a blizzard warning in effect...I just didn't understand and said to myself " I am going to go to school so i can be a better forecaster than him"

He used to really be good imho, but lately he seems to be "meh"... I do read his blog from time to time and he will admit to busting... ULowell grad.

Archived