Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at NAM BUFKIT, there's a very intense area of lift that comes right through the snow growth region tomorrow...near about 15z, but its going to be a quick burst. Like Scott said, maybe in and out in a couple of hours...maybe 3 or 4 hours if we can get lucky and hold on a bit longer to some of the deeper moisture.

Looking at NAM BUFKIT, there's a very intense area of lift that comes right through the snow growth region tomorrow...near about 15z, but its going to be a quick burst. Like Scott said, maybe in and out in a couple of hours...maybe 3 or 4 hours if we can get lucky and hold on a bit longer to some of the deeper moisture.

yeah, this thing's gonna pull a 12/16/07 on ur azz.

You can actually follow this back to the current area of tstms near ORD right now. Almost like a big theta-e burst coming around the horn and east...into sne.

yeah, this thing's gonna pull a 12/16/07 on ur azz.

Yeah its actually not the easiest forecast for a fast moving event. I could see us struggling to an inch or 1.5" of slop or I could see us absolutely ripping huge aggregates SN+ at 30-31F and having it accumulate easily at an inch plus per hour and someone ends up with 5". I think N ORH hills are getting pretty likely for advisory..ditto Monads and Berks.

I wonder is BOX hoists any advisories at 4?

I think your area is looking pretty good for an advisory. Pending the rest of the 12z suite, I think they'll probably issue them this afternoon...barring some late trends that keep potential for advisory amounts much lower than currently.

Drum lessons in Milton. ( long way to travel I know) Hopefully this crap is out by the PM commute, which looks likely.

What is your guess for BOS, a coating?

Probably on the grassy surfaces. I could see a 35F snow if the best lift and dynamics are north, or I could see a pasty inch or a little more at 33F if it comes in pretty hard like the NAM and GFS have. If the euro still looks robust and relatively cold..maybe it will be a scenic aftn in the city, but I'd have to lean conservative right now. Soundings are pretty darn cold, but we'd have to make sure it's a nice slug of QPF and not some banded, disorganized stuff on radar. Top of MQE could be a fun place tomorrow.

Welp... there goes golfing for a while up here.. I had my hopes set for a couple of weeks... not with this pattern upcoming. The courses are just starting to clear of all snow too.

I might as well enjoy these snow events then since I won't be playing til like Tax Day this year.

Looks like 3 solid events upcoming.

Nam has that heavy thump for 3-5 hours look at 1-2 inches per hour, then a changeover to drizzle at the very end for the first event

WOW at the 192 of the GFS... That could be a monster.. is Euro showing anything like that?

I was being serious. I don't get it..It's cold enough and there's enough qpf

Youll probably get an inch...maybe two. I don't think your enough north to warrant an advisory or anything, but there should be a pretty good burst.

I was being serious. I don't get it..It's cold enough and there's enough qpf

You'll get some, but the better moisture could be just to your north. You might get an inch or two, but people like HubbDave could very well get advisory snow, so I think the attention is more up that way.

Archived