Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb. 23-25th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if there is much of an area of icing due to a lot of the negative factors, but you're right about the nighttime effects. I'll be pulling a Mottster and rooting against any ice for us though. 34º and rain sounds about right.

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to wake up tomorrow to see the forecast for Chicago to be another 12-18". That would be fitting with the way this winter has gone. I would say there is a next one, but that time is just about up for us..

SpartyOn is ready for the 00z Models.

Got a cold beer ( Bells Third Coast )

Half pack of smokes (LM blues )

Some thin mint girl scout cookies

And some Miles Davis-(Kind of Blue) on the stereo

:pimp:

I Smoke American spirits :pimp:

My 6 year old next to me

NHL on the fly on

Notice how the sfc low at 30 is perfectly superimposed over that convection bullseye in KY? Feedback issue?

I don't see anything that suggests model crippling convective feedback--having convection firing near the triple pt/surface low isn't unusual--nor is it unusual for convection to drive strong surface pressure falls.

Notice how the sfc low at 30 is perfectly superimposed over that convection bullseye in KY? Feedback issue?

That's what I'm thinking... it's developing spurious blobs of convection that are adversely affecting the model's depiction of the storm.

I don't see anything that suggests model crippling convective feedback--having convection firing near the triple pt/surface low isn't unusual--nor is it unusual for convection to drive strong surface pressure falls.

Not crippling, but there definitely are some strong convective influences going on there. Probably overdoing it a bit. Same thing happened on the blizzard a few weeks ago too.

Archived