Newest Member
    Monty
february 20-21st winter storm

earthlight

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still snowing there?

A few very light flurries...speaking of your elevation interest...i live at an elevation around 200 and work around 80...and i usually do notice a slight difference in snowfall...i also live 3 miles north in Roslyn Heights, work in Garden City...and the highest point on Long Island is Jayne's Hill in South Huntington...West Hills County PArk...I used to go up there a lot to hike...in the old days walt whitman used to write poems up there and supposedly before the trees you could see the Atlantic and the Sound...Its really quite high up and beautiful scenery, i recommend everyone checks it out...

Season to Date Snowfall

(Through This Afternoon)

Newark: 66.0"

NYC Central Park: 60.9"

Bridgeport: 59.1"

Islip: 53.2"

LaGuardia: 50.7"

JFK Airport: 40.7"

Season to Date Snowfall

(Through This Afternoon)

NYC Central Park: 60.9"

Third snowiest winter on record; needs 14.8" more snow to make 2010-11 snowiest winter on record....38 days until April 1st (not that it can't snow in April)...but a general view of time left.

What a MASSIVE difference at JFK and NYC. 20.2"?!?! Whoa.

lol already covered, they measure from a rooftop and mysteriously are missing some reports...... Jan 26-27 they somehow "received" 10" when a bunch of us within 5 miles of the airport got 16-17", that was the largest culprit.

Third snowiest winter on record; needs 14.8" more snow to make 2010-11 snowiest winter on record....38 days until April 1st (not that it can't snow in April)...but a general view of time left.

April snows are definitely more common than November snows :)

Archived