• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb. 23-25th Winter Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

Agreed....as pointed out in the DTX AFD these systems tend to trend NW in time....yes remote sensing data is god for NWP and it helps, it will be interesting to see if any changes occur in track once the upper system gets sampled.....I KNOW....I KNOW....:deadhorse:....:weight_lift:

Every setup is different--I don't know why they would say they tend to trend NW with time as every upper wave and overall setup vary significantly.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed....as pointed out in the DTX AFD these systems tend to trend NW in time....yes remote sensing data is god for NWP and it helps, it will be interesting to see if any changes occur in track once the upper system gets sampled.....I KNOW....I KNOW....:deadhorse:....:weight_lift:

I am assuming this is the disco being referenced. I see where they are coming from--the way you said it made it sound like they were simply saying they always trend NW.

It would be interesting to see the type of defo band the UK develops with the overall tilt of the upper wave--the 12Z manages to develop a rather large defo band.

HE STRENGTH OF THE FORECAST NORTHERN STREAM JET CORE /150KTS/OVER THE NORTHERN GREAT LAKES WILL SET THE STAGE FOR GOOD UPPER JETCOUPLING OVER THE OHIO/MISSISSIPPI VALLEYS. MODEL SOLUTIONS OFTENUNDERESTIMATE THE AMPLIFICATION OF THE SOUTHERN STREAM WAVES LIFTINGOUT OF THE SW US. THESE FACTORS SEEM TO SUPPORT THE STRONGER UKMETSOLUTION AND IS STILL IN LINE WITH THE CURRENT FORECAST WHICH TAKESINTO ACCOUNT A STRONGER AND MORE WESTWARD SURFACE LOW TRACK. THIS WOULDPLACE THE DEFORMATION FORCING RIGHT OVER SE MI. SO THERE REMAINS THEPOTENTIAL FOR ANOTHER WINTER STORM TO IMPACT THE FORECAST AREA.

Archived