BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb. 23-25th Winter Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can. I think that was part of the reason why the early February event (post Groundhog) trended way north in the final day or so.

Yea I think the big thing is the northern wave behind the first initial one that goes through. If the northern wave is stronger and speeds up it will kick this thing east. Definitely a touchy situation. Tougher forecast than I thought it was going to be a few days ago. Something always comes into play with so many moving parts.

im not excited about this one even though the nam, gfs, and canadian want it to go thru WV. Now that i think about it, JB said in his post over the weekend, I think it was, that there was nothing to stop this one from going nw and i have to agree. UKie solution looks fairly reasonable with a track right over ohio. Only way it goes se is if it's much weaker, but then it will probably be warmer as well since it wont pull in cold air. lose-lose down this way. Oh well, it's march so the heartbreak is more like a little heartburn. Hell I didn't even see this thing on the radar screen until this morning...lol

im not excited about this one even though the nam, gfs, and canadian want it to go thru WV. Now that i think about it, JB said in his post over the weekend, I think it was, that there was nothing to stop this one from going nw and i have to agree. UKie solution looks fairly reasonable with a track right over ohio. Only way it goes se is if it's much weaker, but then it will probably be warmer as well since it wont pull in cold air. lose-lose down this way. Oh well, it's march so the heartbreak is more like a little heartburn. Hell I didn't even see this thing on the radar screen until this morning...lol

that's what you will miss with JB. Even if the EURO today takes it through WV he would post it's still going northwest right up until the time it went through WV. :(

Looks like the upper levels cooled again for us, but the 2m temps are less than desirable verbatim. Man we need it a little colder and then... :scooter:

Bigger problem is the warmth upstairs. If it's cold enough there, I'm not gonna worry too much about the 2m temps with the bulk of this coming after dark and heavy rates.

Bigger problem is the warmth upstairs. If it's cold enough there, I'm not gonna worry too much about the 2m temps with the bulk of this coming after dark and heavy rates.

True. I'd take my chances with 33-34º at the surface if the upper layers say snow. Alas, the Euro still not cold enough.

Ya IKK ends up with .50" but sfc temps are a tad above freezing at the beginning.

I'm 99% sure usedtobe (Wes Junker of HPC fame), has said before that the Euro has a bit of a warm bias with 2m temps, though pretty small in the grand scheme (like 1 degree). Regardless, it seems as if the snow portion of this storm will be in a relatively thin zone.

Archived