BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2/20 -2/22 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z WRF-ARW has the right combination of cold air and precipitation for Northern New Jersey and NYC. I am attaching the images at 48 hrs from the NWS site, but I also have access through Wright-Weather to the soundings and they show it plenty cold at all levels for snow in Northern New Jersey and NYC through at least 48 hours and probably the whole storm. I also have the snow output from Wright-Weather for this model and it shows 2-4 inches by 48 hours with more to come. This is probably the best case scenario for us, so there is some hope.

post-1914-0-69337600-1298150418.gif

post-1914-0-20524800-1298150421.gif

post-1914-0-33492800-1298150452.gif

Don't forget that the 18z has a historical suppressive bias

Dont forget that the euro, ggem, and now the gfs have similar solutions. Cant wait to see what the other short range models have. The Nam is just to inconsistent to be used for forecasting right now.

I don't know if you saw my previous posts, but the WRF-ARW and NMM show something similar as well. The NAM is pretty much on its own at this point.

Dont forget that the euro, ggem, and now the gfs have similar solutions. Cant wait to see what the other short range models have. The Nam is just to inconsistent to be used for forecasting right now.

I just checked Mount Holly's updated forecast for Somerville, and they're calling for all rain Sunday night into Monday morning. Yet Upton is calling for snow and 1 to 3 inches for Newark. What a difference between the forecast offices, wow. How does Mount Holly believe that it will be all rain? Not even a mention of a mix in their forecast.

Archived