pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Feb. 20th - ? Possible Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice agreement between the NAM/GFS over here. Both show 0.50-0.75" of QPF, all snow. Strong upper level divergence in tandem with a tight baroclinic zone argue for some decent f-gen banding. I'd say 6-9" generally is a good number to go with for areas that stay all snow, but there are definitely going to be some localized swaths of 12" or a bit more. Small shifts south or north are going to be key though.

Might be because of that, but also the storm is going to affect the WI/MN/MI/IA posters, and to be honest, there aren't a lot of posters from that region on here. IL looks to be rain, same with IN and OH etc.

That's a fair point, but it's not going to take a huge shift south to get the ORD-DTW corridor into the game. I'd have to check soundings, but verbatim the 12z GFS looks like a gnarly ice storm for Detroit.

That's a fair point, but it's not going to take a huge shift south to get the ORD-DTW corridor into the game. I'd have to check soundings, but verbatim the 12z GFS looks like a gnarly ice storm for Detroit.

Does Milwaukee have a threat of significant ice, or will it just be a hodgepodge of various mixed precip (freezing rain, sleet, etc.)?

Archived