clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
Feb. 20th - ? Possible Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the euro is the only model with the second wave further north. Or maybe the precip is just further north and the low is in a similar spot. Doesn't it seem reasonable that the second low drops snow a bit further south from the first wave? I think the euro does sort of have precip further south than the first wave but still has good precip further north.

Looks like the euro is the only model with the second wave further north. Or maybe the precip is just further north and the low is in a similar spot. Doesn't it seem reasonable that the second low drops snow a bit further south from the first wave? I think the euro does sort of have precip further south than the first wave but still has good precip further north.

I think the euro just tries to keep it one piece more.. I could be totally wrong though.

As soon as it moves past 48 out of the RGEM, u can see the precip jump a bit south. Usually they are pretty close but not this run. Usually though the RGEM is more amped and warmer.

It's definitely colder so far.

Chicago sees 3 hours of all snow so far (through 58hr).

EDIT: 4 hours through 59hr.

I know Dec 19, 08 has been mentioned before, one similarity beside th E-W orientation, etc. is the ice potential. We had a WSW for FZ rain to begin with, which turned out to be 9" of snow in the end...Northern IN/IL had much ice problems.

Yea there was a pretty sharp cutoff at about M59. A foot plus north with just 2-4 inches near the border. We are heading in that direction with probably less amounts.

My overall interest for this storm is starting to wane for this particular area. Snow misses way north, and it looks like the best rains stay north as well. The good thing though is we have another shot at 60 on Sunday if all things go well. Hope you guys up north and northeast can get some appreciable snows out of this.

Archived