g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
Feb. 20th - ? Possible Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya.. no i think we are getting pretty close, I could see us going a bit north but nothing like what we had 3-4 days ago. I think that's my problem is i'm referencing the low that was going into southern MN a few days ago, yes the storm will be south of that and won't ever touch WI or MI.

I don't know why you are locking things in yet. Given the strength of the western trough, the amped low level baro zone, and small changes in the northern stream--there is a small but legitimate threat of a full blown low level cyclone. Small threat--but that isn't off the table yet.

Looks like it's back to a Minnesota to Michigan snow threat. Definitely makes sense given the lack of arctic air and climo. Some additional seasonal snowfall would have been nice, but I'll appreciate the rains washing the salt and grime off of everything. :thumbsup:

You're almost as bad as me lol.. You waved the towel on one or two storms already this winter and were rewarded nice. I like having you on the rain bandwagon :)

You're almost as bad as me lol.. You waved the towel on one or two storms already this winter and were rewarded nice. I like having you on the rain bandwagon :)

Haha, yeah this is the time of year when I start to feel a bit schizophrenic lol. Just when I start to think I'm losing interest in snow a system comes along that looks promising and changes things.

lol, i'm still not sure what everyone thinks, NAM is a southern Wisconsin solution, everything is way south i'm not quite sure what everyones track is. South of Nam but north of globals?

Northern Iowa/southern half of MN, through central Wisconsin and into lower Michigan look the best at this point. The Euro went off on a bit of a tangent and went way south earlier today, but has settled back to the solution it was showing yesterday a bit further north. The GFS was initially way too warm, but has since converged more towards the Euro/GEM. I'd feel pretty good from La Crosse to Green Bay/FDL and much of Michigan. :popcorn:

Bow-

If i didn't have the kids tomorrow, i'd drive down to Madison... Things have to change, but the "my way or the highway" attitude doesn't sit well with me...

lol, seriously? People have to take paycuts etc all the time. Would you rather have to pay more for your pension or not have a job at all? These people should be lucky they even have a job. On top of that, if this deal doesn't go down, they would have to fire 1500-2K teachers at least.

Heck, my brother had to take a 13K dollar paycut this past year. He made 80K a year, and now he makes 65-70K a year. The workers for his company aren't protesting and complaning. And to think that Madison schools are closed tommorow is just a joke.

MKE said that if there teachers call in sick tommorow without a doctor excuse etc, they'll be fined and maybe even fired.

Wow, just when every one takes the right fork, the Euro says lets take the left fork.

Not a huge surprise--especially since the 12Z Euro was a big outlier to its mean and other globals. In these patterns I have seen it happen so often where the GFS trends trends and trends to the Euro only for the Euro to completely change when it looked like things were trending one way.

I have no idea what to expect here...none... Maybe by Saturday I'll have an idea

Bow-

If i didn't have the kids tomorrow, i'd drive down to Madison... Things have to change, but the "my way or the highway" attitude doesn't sit well with me...

He tried to be the big bully/dictator cutting city and county jobs in MKE also and where did that get us. Goofball again is attacking public employees and worker rights, this will spill into the private sector as well you can be sure. With any luck I understand that after 1 year he can be recalled.

Monopoly money man.. start a thread in AP if you want to continue this.. This crap shouldn't be in here.

Not a huge surprise--especially since the 12Z Euro was a big outlier to its mean and other globals. In these patterns I have seen it happen so often where the GFS trends trends and trends to the Euro only for the Euro to completely change when it looked like things were trending one way.

Exactly. Its happened with just about ever winter storm this season. Just as GFS agrees ECMWF is like "Jay/kay" and does it's own thing, then everything else eventually trends to it.

Very strong -PNA is showing its teeth.

Not always the same for New England and the Midwest/plains...but its been something many of are talking about in the NE subforum. Further north and warmer makes sense. I could get rain here...Euro is mostly snow...but I've been saying that my gut says ptype issue is going to be more the concern than whiffing this to the south.

It could whiff south if the timing is right, but this storm has so much wanting to push it north that its hard to ignore even when the models want to try and crush it south.

Archived