g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
Feb. 20th - ? Possible Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The models never learn. You do not go southeast with northern energy in that kind of upper loft flow. It was the same "error" that lead to the surprise snowstorm with the leftover system from the February 1-2 storm.

I'm not following.... do you think that the southern vort max is stronger, the northern stream is weaker, or that the ejection from the western trough is to shallow? 500 mb I don't get what you are saying, which features are going to lead to a stronger ejection of the southern vort ?

The northern stream is to far southeast and strong. The models have a horrible time with this feature winter in and out. By 120hrs the GFS and GGEM are completely lost. It causes the sourthern s/w to be "weak" and less aggressive than it should. The energy discharge for the plains should be strong with that progressive flow aloft.

I do agree partially with you for once. Models have had issues with that feature--and they have had issues with these northern stream vortex features all winter--and the latest runs are by no means set in stone. That said--suppression happens at times--and even in a suppressed environment--this will likely be an impressive event in terms of winter weather.

The northern stream is to far southeast and strong. The models have a horrible time with this feature winter in and out. By 120hrs the GFS and GGEM are completely lost. It causes the sourthern s/w to be "weak" and less aggressive than it should. The energy discharge for the plains should be strong with that progressive flow aloft.

ok I just wanted to check you weren't going with the S/W would be stronger just because, that northern stream is by no means resolved but i'm going with the trends right now, I think that the 12z euro is a good track to stick with right now. NAM is way to far north in my opinion.

Well after reading, Baroclinic's and Will's thoughts I will put the premature weenie ejaculating white towel away.. Seems they're not buying the suppressed look and 2 part sysyem hook line and sinker just yet so that's good enough for me to give it until friday night before crowning the euro was right already.

Well after reading, Baroclinic's and Will's thoughts I will put the premature weenie ejaculating white towel away.. Seems they're not buying the suppressed look and 2 part sysyem hook line and sinker just yet so that's good enough for me to give it until friday night before crowning the euro was right already.

btw i'm personally going with a further suppressed storm, I think that this ends up being a blend of 00z gfs/12z euro, and it is south south baby. Not that the northern folks don't see snow just the main storm will be way south like the gfs.

btw i'm personally going with a further suppressed storm, I think that this ends up being a blend of 00z gfs/12z euro, and it is south south baby. Not that the northern folks don't see snow just the main storm will be way south like the gfs.

12Z Euro is too far S--0Z already more inline and farther N with its 12Z mean and doesn't have a weak low level cyclone like the 18Z NAM did/12Z Euro did.

12Z Euro is too far S--0Z already more inline and farther N with its 12Z mean and doesn't have a weak low level cyclone like the 18Z NAM did/12Z Euro did.

Ya the 12z is a bit to far south but not by much, compared to a few days ago we are way south, I'm not sure what you guys think, but I don't think the center low ever goes north of a dsm to Chicago line.

Ya the 12z is a bit to far south but not by much, compared to a few days ago we are way south, I'm not sure what you guys think, but I don't think the center low ever goes north of a dsm to Chicago line.

Ah ok--I didn't know you were talking about 3-4 days ago. The way you worded your other comment though you made it sound like it would continue to head farther S. Both the vortex and the ejecting wave are still big question marks so nothing can be locked in yet.

Blocking was in a much better spot this run compared to 12z, hence the farther north track. You usually don't see this big of a shft from the EURO though, espically under hr 100.

In this pattern it can be expected. Don't be surprised to see big changes still with both the northern vortex and the western trough and the resulting eventual solution.

Ah ok--I didn't know you were talking about 3-4 days ago. The way you worded your other comment though you made it sound like it would continue to head farther S. Both the vortex and the ejecting wave are still big question marks so nothing can be locked in yet.

Ya.. no i think we are getting pretty close, I could see us going a bit north but nothing like what we had 3-4 days ago. I think that's my problem is i'm referencing the low that was going into southern MN a few days ago, yes the storm will be south of that and won't ever touch WI or MI.

Archived