g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
Feb. 20th - ? Possible Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, hopefully the trend south stops. I'll defer to you mets and your expertise (ORH, Baro, yourself) but I'm not totally at ease.

Well I was talking about the southern extent of the vortex on the Euro well into MN/Great Lakes--not the fact it was pretty beefy overall. I am not tossing any potential solutions at this moment. That northern vortex has been tough all winter long--hence why I mention it could be a potential cyclone or a suppressed frontal wave event. Still think the Euro is too far S--but it isn't out to lunch with the overall height field config. 0Z GFS lends it credence.

Well, hopefully the trend south stops. I'll defer to you mets and your expertise (ORH, Baro, yourself) but I'm not totally at ease.

Yea I don't buy the GFS one bit. The storm may end up suppressed but the fact that the first wave is allowed that far north leads me to not believe the second wave will not be as as supressed as the models show.. Definitly a touchy scenario with that vortex to the north.

Remember, whether southern Wisconsin gets hit is not the litmus test as to whether the model is correct.

I know, but considering the GFS was so far north we were getting rain yesterday, and now it has us on the northern fringe of snow, it's hard to trust that type of flip-flopping, regardless of whether MBY gets hit.

Amazing how superior the Euro is at sniffing things out. GFS shouldn't even be taken serious more than 72 hrs out. Its almost as worthless as the NAM and probably is.

Good call, ssc! Things I suppose could change but it looks like we won't have a left turner after all... Now its how far south the main storm can get washed out to the SE.

No sense staying up for the Euro.. Dr No has spoken for a big storm up here.

Archived