BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Observations Jan 31- Feb 2nd

snownut

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow its surprisingly icey outside. My driveway is covered in a glaze of ice... The freezing mist/drizzle seems to be accumulating on top of the trace of sleet we got earlier which is causing for really slippery conditions.

Harford Co, MD was awful this morning. Slipped all over the place in my neighborhood, it was pretty scary. There were two accidents at the intersection of Rt 24 and Rt. 924 for those who are familiar. Apparently accidents all along Philadelphia Rd (Rt. 7) and along Pulaski Highway (Rt. 40). Everything seemed ok once I finally got on i95 south and had no issues all the way to Rt. 32.

Must be worst up in Cecil county as they closed their schools.

Ho hum. This area needs to become tougher when it comes to winter weather. I see no reason why schools should be closed today. I also see no reason why the federal government should be operating under unschedule leave/telework today.

It was bad in Harford County. There were accidents all over the place... I slid a great deal throughout my neighborhood and I live in the southern portion of the county. I can't imagine how it was towards the PA line.

I'd imagine it was bad for the northern portion of Baltimore, Carroll and Frederick as well.

Ho hum. This area needs to become tougher when it comes to winter weather. I see no reason why schools should be closed today. I also see no reason why the federal government should be operating under unschedule leave/telework today.

I grew up in NW Ohio and I used to have your line of thinking. But the fact is that being a transient state most people just cannot drive in bad weather. Also need to remember we have countywide school systems. While Southern Frederick Co. may not be as bad, our county does span north to the PA line and West into the Catoctin mountains. This is why I wish we had school zones so the entire county did not have to close.

Hey Neighbor. That is about a minute from my house. That is quite a drive you have. Things still slightly glazed. Route 1 at Conowingo dam is now closed.

Harford Co, MD was awful this morning. Slipped all over the place in my neighborhood, it was pretty scary. There were two accidents at the intersection of Rt 24 and Rt. 924 for those who are familiar. Apparently accidents all along Philadelphia Rd (Rt. 7) and along Pulaski Highway (Rt. 40). Everything seemed ok once I finally got on i95 south and had no issues all the way to Rt. 32.

Must be worst up in Cecil county as they closed their schools.

what do you care whether someone works at home or in his/her office? out where I am there is ice on everything and no salt on the roads. my company offers a telework option for inclement weather. so what? not everyone lives in DC.

I have a 55 mile commute to work everyday and did not have a single problem getting to work. I do not live in DC.

I have a 55 mile commute to work everyday and did not have a single problem getting to work. I do not live in DC.

I'm going to assume that you do NOT live in West Virginia like Trixie does, who got a lot more ice then us VA/MD folks did. Perhaps you should tell us your location...

I'm going to assume that you do NOT live in West Virginia like Trixie does, who got a lot more ice then us VA/MD folks did. Perhaps you should tell us your location...

Yet another person who doesn't put that info in there. In the field of weather - location is quite important.

Archived