• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

18z GFS is really juiced up for the appetizer event tomorrow.

I was just going to post that for those who really like to cater to their "extreme" fetish and want to rationalize an aggregate 1-2' event, this maybe counter intuitive because it is human nature to focus on the "main event", but you are better served to focus on the appetizer because that is the one that has yet to realize it's full potential....I believe this to be the case because as a general rule of thumb, events characterized by a sw flow at the mid levels of that atmosphere (AKA swfes) have a ceiling of about 8-12" and the main event has already reached that.

If this two-headed monster is to evolve into a 1-2' event, then we are going to have to see that 1st event trend into an 8-12"er, as well because the "main event" is not going to grow any larger due to the time constraints inherent to swfes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah...location of heavy fzra accumulations will probably be a nowcast...simply cannot nail it down right now. Somewhere could get slammed, but it may be a relatively small area when all is said and done. Also don't know if there's a strong signal for more than 0.25-0.5" of ice accrual right now. That certainly will be enough to down trees/powerlines...but would be far from paralyzing/devastating. I'm just hope the ice stays away from us down here...I had some concerns this morning, things have shifted slightly north with the threat I think.

Agreed, the ZR part of this will likely be a nowcast type of thing, we just can't expect the models to nail and pinpoint exactly where this is going to setup, especially since this may not be an incredibly large area.

Yeah 0.25'' to 0.50'' probably would not be close to devastating but if we end up seeing signals for total up near 0.75'' or even more on top of what snow we may get that would cause serious, serious issues...but not sure if we see those types of totals but this certainly needs to be watched.

Wow.. the gfs really sucks for NH and ME.. 6-12 inches verbatim.. this Is What I was worried about yesterday.. if we don't cash in on the first one its Just another moderate snow event.. damn dryslot

Expectations lowered to 10-12 here

Wow.. the gfs really sucks for NH and ME.. 6-12 inches verbatim.. this Is What I was worried about yesterday.. if we don't cash in on the first one its Just another moderate snow event.. damn dryslot

Learn somethings.

If you look closely the 18z gfs moved the heavier qpf south by 3.27 miles. We should discuss that extensively.

Gfs is a little stronger with the first weak low/stronger with the high. Would drop 3/6 even near the coast over here with event two before a change. I guess I should have stayed with 7" total here.

I think the nam may need to be burped pre-0z

The first wave will bring 4-6" tomorrow up here, then #2 is an easy 6-8" if not 10+. How do you get 10-12?

Archived