Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't say because they don't know. No one knows where that line will be. I think we have to wait until tomorrow to know what will happen on Wednesday.

I guess i was looking for a opinion not facts, I was sayin on my edit that I would guess it would be in South County and the Cape area as that is were box had their lowest totals, ur sitting pretty per usual in NW RI. home of the jackpot.

I guess i was looking for a opinion not facts, I was sayin on my edit that I would guess it would be in South County and the Cape area as that is were box had their lowest totals, ur sitting pretty per usual in NW RI. home of the jackpot.

I just don't want to be in the ice jackpot, or in the rain. I have roof concerns, as do many of us.

Matt Noyes had a wide swath of 18-24" of snow on his map.

I love Matt, but I think he's a bit high.....extremely respectfully disagree.

A few schools are coming out with early releases tommorow. With a 9am start time not sure this makes sense?? Either risk the 4-6" and go to school and cancel it all together imo.

btw compare the box storm total map and whdh's...very similar..

I noticed.....

I just don't want to be in the ice jackpot, or in the rain. I have roof concerns, as do many of us.

People with roof concerns should just want want a huge dryslot. AS we said earlier, QPF of 1.00 weighs the same regardless of whether it's in the form of rain, snow or sleet. Unless it's shedding your pack from the roof, it's adding to it.

Man, you beat me. I'm only by the 20.3.

:)

You can have all my snow! Take it from in front of the garage, the mailbox - take the the whole lot! Anyone who is missing out on the fun of shoveling their way out of their door is welcome to come on by and help themselves.

I was expecting two fairly important deliveries on Wednesday but I don't think UPS and FedEx are going to be issuing snowshoes for their drivers.

-monadnocks

I love Matt, but I think he's a bit high.....extremely respectfully disagree.

I noticed.....

I wouldn't he has been spot on with every storm. when everyone was saying that his totals from the last storm was a joke. But guess what? he was exactly correct. Box's map gives me 19.9" mat gives me 18-24" so yeah I think he is spot on again! we will see

I wouldn't he has been spot on with every storm. when everyone was saying that his totals from the last storm was a joke. But guess what? he was exactly correct. Box's map gives me 19.9" mat gives me 18-24" so yeah I think he is spot on again! we will see

I understand that and I agreed with him in that instance, however here I think he's a bit high......certainly hope he's right.

I like Matt because he sticks with his guns and doesn't live with every model like most of the tv guys do and he goes with his instincts. Barry did this too he just happened to be wrong.

A few schools are coming out with early releases tommorow. With a 9am start time not sure this makes sense?? Either risk the 4-6" and go to school and cancel it all together imo.

btw compare the box storm total map and whdh's...very similar..

I think if they go in for the 1/2 day it is counted as a full day and thus won't have to be made up. That may be factoring into the decision.

BOX is going ballsy wrt to round 1 out here.

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

431 PM EST MON JAN 31 2011

.TONIGHT...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. COLD WITH

LOWS AROUND 4 ABOVE. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH THIS EVENING...

BECOMING LIGHT AND VARIABLE. CHANCE OF SNOW 50 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 8 INCHES. COLD WITH

HIGHS AROUND 18. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW

NEAR 100 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...SNOW. ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO

3 INCHES. NOT AS COOL. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 16.

NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 90 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY...SNOW. COLD WITH HIGHS IN THE LOWER 20S. NORTHEAST

WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...SNOW LIKELY. COLD WITH LOWS AROUND 7 ABOVE.

NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

Archived