Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you're thinking mostly zr for 12 hours+ on Wed before a change back to snow?

i don't know. i'm just saying what the euro shows for your area per my eyes. lol. looks to me like several hours of snow to short period of sleet to several hours of ice before ending...then some additional light snows/flurries wed night.

could end up predominantly any of the above p-types.

it's just that run.

edit: also depends on timing the precip obviously

On one hand I think it'd be incredible but on the other hand I think it may be a bit overdone and I have no idea where the hell I'll put 21''. The former hand is better.

Perhaps... not sure where they are putting this together from. Could happen. Been a while since I have seen a 20"er, but then again, this is in 2 pieces. Sorta wish they could also issue a Tuesday map, then a Weds/Thurs one in addition to this.

I was pretty unimpressed with the snow on my deck 'til now, so I had left it all season, Some has melted/compacted, but I will def. be out there today clearing it off. Hey, maybe I will use the grill before it is buried!

Keene will get smoked...

Feeling much better after seeing the King. Nam was off its rocker with those precip amounts, we can manage what the Euro throws at us, and potentially another melter coming this weekend followed by a thaw, we need it. Then reload the pattern and bring on an epic March!

Just a little observation, have been out roofraking for clients, got burned to a crisp yesterday, sun is noticeably stronger now it felt great.

Congrats to ski country, they deserve a fresh mantle of pow!:snowman:

Feeling much better after seeing the King. Nam was off its rocker with those precip amounts, we can manage what the Euro throws at us, and potentially another melter coming this weekend followed by a thaw, we need it. Then reload the pattern and bring on an epic March!

Just a little observation, have been out roofraking for clients, got burned to a crisp yesterday, sun is noticeably stronger now it felt great.

Already gained an hour or so of daylight, and we've passed the climatological min as normals starting their slow climb up this week.

FEMA Issues Midwest Storm Warning

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- For the first time in recent memory, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has issued a warning about the approaching Midwest snowstorm.

FEMA said the storm could affect as many as 100 million Americans across the nation.

Kansas City Fire Chief Smokey Dyer said it's the first time in his 40 years in the fire service that he can recall such an advisory from federal officials. FEMA has been known to issue warnings similar to this for approaching hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Coast states.

FEMA Website | Ready.gov website

Normally, weather warnings and advisories are the responsibility of the National Weather Service.

You watching the NAM come in? Wow...poor forecasters out there. That's quite a little change on the 18z. More defined 8h early through tonight..have to think that changes this entire run.

EDIT: Notice it's a smidge warmer east into OH.

This will have totals near 2' in places that aren't used to it. MO.

Pics??

Pics??

Im not really into taking pics of myself and putting them on the interent, you have met me Kevin, I am sure you remember what I look like, but 40 day on a roof surrounded by snow will have a tendency to do that, I am sure you ski, you know what I mean. But, if you want you can pm me your cell and I will take one, just for you.

Archived