Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right,,but from a structural standpoint 3 inches of sleet is more damaging than 12 inches of powder

Yes...but its probably not that either...its either 3" of sleet or 12" of dense "sand" snow. As long as the liquid equivalent is the same, it won't weigh different.

Certainly not what we expected..but it also sleeted us on last weeks storm and we know how that turned out..so keep that in the back pocket

60-72 hrs last time it was overamped not much of a surprise.

we get inside of 42/48 tonight at that point I'll buy in. When all of you were getting buried nobody noticed how poorly they all performed with temp profiles on the borderline.

Look, I wanna get the call right....it's not all about him, but I was criticized for being consistent in my thoughts in the face of trends, so god forebid I retaliate a bit. lol

Your call looks fine for now. Unlike some other swfe, we don't have a huge low cutting terribly far west, and a high in the perfect spot. I still think omega will play a pretty big role in this, Will hit the nail on the head with that. If I ping, it's probably close to the point of the big lift moving out. However, I could see me mixing with sleet for a few hours as well, if mid levels are just a bit warmer. I still like areas over the border for getting the best snow. especially Wednesday. That could change.

The Euro also made huge cut backs a day before the last storm too, and seemed wrong. The NAM and GFS came back stronger a day before on the last and were right(for the most part. I hope this isn't a trend on it.

I would not get overly concerned with the Euro qpf output, I don't think it has faired well with the last few storms......

Your call looks fine for now. Unlike some other swfe, we don't have a huge low cutting terribly far west, and a high in the perfect spot. I still think omega will play a pretty big role in this, Will hit the nail on the head with that. If I ping, it's probably close to the point of the big lift moving out. However, I could see me mixing with sleet for a few hours as well, if mid levels are just a bit warmer. I still like areas over the border for getting the best snow. especially Wednesday. That could change.

Yea, with the deformation...

Archived