Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You two have to stop sword fighting over seasonal snow.

If I get 8-10 tomorrow and he gets 3-4 that puts me a solid foot above him...so either way there's no way he'll gain much ground after this 2 part event..becasue even if I pound sand crystals..it still accumulates and counts as snow..and I go back to heavy snow

If I get 8-10 tomorrow and he gets 3-4 that puts me a solid foot above him...so either way there's no way he'll gain much ground after this 2 part event..becasue even if I pound sand crystals..it still accumulates and counts as snow..and I go back to heavy snow

Well too bad you won't get 8-10 tomorrow. 5" sounds more reasonable to me.

People should remember what some of us mentioned yesterday...don't get too obsessed over a 10 mile trend...its pretty much model noise in that low of a distance. I think looking at synotpics and using local knowledge of climo will help out here.

We often see sleet penetrate a little further north than expected in these events, but also when you have a high in that position, it will get fought off good for hours...especially while omega is high. So don't be surprised to see sleet penetrate north and then actually come back SW for a time during the event.

From a structural standpoint, the p-type issue is a moot one since the existing pack can hold whatever's coming down. And an inch of qpf weighs the same weather sleet, rain or snow.

Of course, it looks better as snow and you don't lose power with it as snow........

LOL..sleet is much heavier and denser than snow. 3 inches of sleet weighs a hell of aot more than 3 inches of snow

People should remember what some of us mentioned yesterday...don't get too obsessed over a 10 mile trend...its pretty much model noise in that low of a distance. I think looking at synotpics and using local knowledge of climo will help out here.

We often see sleet penetrate a little further north than expected in these events, but also when you have a high in that position, it will get fought off good for hours...especially while omega is high. So don't be surprised to see sleet penetrate north and then actually come back SW for a time during the event.

Exactly.

Archived