Newest Member
    Monty
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May the ripping apart begin..

USED: 12z guidance (without euro), NWS BTV and BOX snowfall maps taken heavily into consideration, extrapolated from BOX + BTV to develop GYX CWA snowfall totals.

PRELIMINARY THOUGHTS*****... I think there is a POTENTIAL for this much snow to fall

mrdy4j.jpg

Good to have you put that together, Jay. That said, I won't say 'good luck' becuase I want more than 14-18". :)

Still not ready to buy mostly snow well s of the pike, but it becomes more and more of a possibility as time goes by.

I'd rather lean on my rather extensive knowledge base of climo, then having the latest trend dictate my waffles every 6-12 hrs.....if it still looks like this in 24 hrs, then I'll cave.

I find it hard to believe that there is going be widespread 1.75" QPF.

I think this particular EURO run has it pegged...not because I have a EURO fetish, but rather because that is what I believe will happen based on past experience.

I think Kevin is actually mainly pingers on this Euro run after like a brief burst of snow at the onset.

I was noticing on earlier runs that for south of the Pike, most may actually get more snow after the changeover than before for round 2. Could see a rather fast transition to sleet.

Archived