Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not ready to buy mostly snow well s of the pike, but it becomes more and more of a possibility as time goes by.

I'd rather lean on my rather extensive knowledge base of climo, then having the latest trend dictate my waffles every 6-12 hrs.....if it still looks like this in 24 hrs, then I'll cave.

Someone just north of the sleet line who also does very well in rd 1 might be able to firehose their way to 20".

Should be interesting regardless.

Yeah that perhaps is another area that will do well. I'd like to see lots of lingering snow past 00z Thursday for the hefty totals. Someone could easily pull 4+" of fluff from that, if the 00z runs worked out.

not really liking the trends down here...I'd rather have plain rain than fzra. Prolonged power outages are something that do not interest me.

Agreed with your sentiments here, and I've hammered this in the past that the novelty of the ice storm is gone within 30 seconds of the lights going out.

Those that wish these thing on - I feel - must suffer a disconnect. Once the bat goes on the lap-top, that's it - if the WiFi is even still operating. Either way you are left in silence and everything you turn to do instead you are smartly reminded you can't do because life as we know it is inextricably linked to the necessity of electricity.

Ice storms: interesting Meteorology, real real bad PR

Agreed with your sentiments here, and I've hammered this in the past that the novelty of the ice storm is gone within 30 seconds of the lights going out.

Those that wish these thing on - I feel - must suffer a disconnect. Once the bat goes on the lap-top, that's it - if the WiFi is even still operating. Either way you are left in silence and everything you turn to do instead you are smartly reminded you can't do because life as we know it is inextricably linked to the necessity of electricity.

Ice storms: interesting Meteorology, real real bad PR

3g connectivity and some backup battery are weenie essentials IMO

heat and water may fail, but the necessities like access to forums, radar, and models will not be denied

Archived