Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the internal snow algorithms are destroying the higher spots near Gardner and esp sw NH and srn VT. It must be trying to peg better ratios there.

The best snowfall rates I've seen up here since we moved from the coast were in the SWFE Dec. 2007 N. half of Franklin Co. does well b/c of the moisture piling up against the mountains in S Vt & SW NH.

Anyone besides me think the euro comes in a bit colder in the midelevels today?

It was pretty cold last night...maybe it could come in a tad colder, but I'm on the fence about it. It has by far the highest resolution of the globals, so we'll see if its a lot colder than GFS or GGEM....if it is, then I'd def be a red flag in favor of colder solutions.

Possibly, especially where the better deformation is across parts of srn VT and NH, but you need a lot of things to come together perfectly.

Someone just north of the sleet line who also does very well in rd 1 might be able to firehose their way to 20".

Should be interesting regardless.

It was pretty cold last night...maybe it could come in a tad colder, but I'm on the fence about it. It has by far the highest resolution of the globals, so we'll see if its a lot colder than GFS or GGEM....if it is, then I'd def be a red flag in favor of colder solutions.

According to a few posts I've seen, the 12z GFS ensembles looked colder than the OP. That, in combination with the NAM's general insistence on cold, give me the impression it's at least possible for a bump in the colder direction for the Euro's early afternoon run.

But I will not hide the fact that I'm TOTALLY PULLING FOR IT TO HAPPEN.

Because as much as I love sleet -- and this is well documented -- more snow gets me a day off on Wednesday.

Archived