BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part III

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just need 3 drops of fzra on mt tolland to win a 6 pack of smithwicks.

You need one of ryan or will's referees up there to call the flip or no flip lol. Looks like it could go either way but I'm leaning towards him flipping and me pinging at some point, long way to go.

Looks like sleet line gets to about Great Barrington (GBR) in these parts at 66 hours per the 00Z GFS. PSF on north stay all snow. Snow growth won't be all that good, so I'm not anticipating anything much better than 10:1 ratios. Regardless, both GFS and NAM give this area over 1.5" of QPF. Looks good. :snowman:

post-48-0-05649500-1296447828.gif

post-48-0-17304600-1296447838.gif

That doesn't matter actually - amp to the hilt! So what - too much arctic air in place and held in by high up north.

I think the arctic air and high will win in time. The thing is expectations are outpacing accurate guidance.

If the gfs isn't able to drive a ml up towards niagra in subsequent runs it gets colder over you and i and in turn dynamics and the precip pattern would adjust too.

I just can't imagine anyone is close to locking anything on storm 2 yet...nuts

I think the arctic air and high will win in time. The thing is expectations are outpacing accurate guidance.

If the gfs isn't able to drive a ml up towards niagra in subsequent runs it gets colder over you and i and in turn dynamics and the precip pattern would adjust too.

I just can't imagine anyone is close to locking anything on storm 2 yet...nuts

I'm not sure I see this big trend south....the 12z GFS got the H85 line to the pike and the 00z run brings it to mby......the 00z EURO is pending, but it also trended a hair N at 12z.

I think things will tick a bit s in the end, but probably not anything dramatic....won't be able to go too far to the s of the ike without contending with some sleet, when all is said and done...JMO.

GFS bufkit is a mess at BDL...snow then sleet then a brief period of freezing rain then ending as some snow.

HFD it's snow then a prolonged period of freezing rain...even a changeover to plain rain...which I am not buying at all.

I wouldn't, either....the GFS won't pick up on the ageostrophic flow until the last minute.

I don't understand the process of ageo flow.. i know its a colder northerly wind that helps us stay as snow, but i dont understand why it happens

cold high to the north will keep the cold air locked in the lower levels just above the sfc plus we have a snowpack which will help with that as well.

Archived