• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part III

Typhoon Tip

You folks really should not be considering the GFS run(s) in this because it notoriously flubs the bottom 200mb of troposphere in these arctic wedge deals and this run looks no different. Not the right synoptic evolution for the GFS wheelhouse - veritable tossing.

It's a lot more amped up in the midwest though. Maybe it's wrong with that.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It actually tries to ping Ray for a time near 00z, but that may be because the good lift exists. Still seems mostly sn even near I-90.

Keeps it all snow through 66h here...then it pings at the very end as thr dryslot approaches...then we go back to the fluff with the ULL/inverted trough stuff at the end. The amount of qpf is very impressive though. Its going to be like one of those 1994 storms...probably double digit snow that has a slight bit of sleet contamination in it making for just a total mess...bad for snow removal.

Keeps it all snow through 66h here...then it pings at the very end as thr dryslot approaches...then we go back to the fluff with the ULL/inverted trough stuff at the end. The amount of qpf is very impressive though. Its going to be like one of those 1994 storms...probably double digit snow that has a slight bit of sleet contamination in it making for just a total mess...bad for snow removal.

Question is where does the ZR set up.

I agree with your assessment for ORH/BOS. Gets more interesting down here :axe:

Yeah pingers come in toward the end.

Back to big ice for central CT lol

Some of the cold near me is lift dependent. At this stage, it's almost pointless to argue where the 850 0C line is. I like some of the stuff I see, and the progs also try to scoot this out of sne pretty quickly. It's at that point the IP line moves north, but the snow is on the ground, after the big vv's leave.

post-33-0-90867600-1296446881.gif

The lighter snows start up again after 00z.

Some of the cold near me is lift dependent. At this stage, it's almost pointless to argue where the 850 0C line is. I like some of the stuff I see, and the progs also try to scoot this out of sne pretty quickly. It's at that point the IP line moves north, but the snow is on the ground, after the big vv's leave.

The lighter snows start up again after 00z.

yeah still looks like mainly snow (at least 90%) for BOS/ORH.

I'm pulling my hair out over ZR vs PL here. Big difference lol.

You forgot the 6-12" screwzone in Plymouth.

Sad but true. I'm hoping that with fairly uniform lift in the overrunning set up, we can pull off 12" here. It would be the highest I've seen. I got 8" with storm in early Dec 2009, and pretty much zilch the rest of the winter lol

It looks like a classic SWFE 6-9hr S+ job for some down here, with the main show. Maybe prolonged mdt snow for Brian.

I like the GFS\EURO.....maybe corrected a tick s.

I have low confidence of eclipsing 1/12 (17'') but moderate to high confidence of eclipsing a foot. Should easily be the second largest storm of the season here in any event, if not the first if we get lucky.

Archived