BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part III

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still am worried about the potential for some decent icing out of this...just not exactly sure as to where...perhaps towards southern CT?

There is just so much going on between 700mb and to just above the sfc it's going to be extremely difficult for models to pinpoint all this so precise this far out.

The end of this event looks like the Saturday morning after the 12/19/08 event...where the inverted trough hangs back with decent mid-level support for like 6-12 hours...kind of a light snow that takes forever to turn off and might tack on some very cold thickness fluff.

I still am worried about the potential for some decent icing out of this...just not exactly sure as to where...perhaps towards southern CT?

There is just so much going on between 700mb and to just above the sfc it's going to be extremely difficult for models to pinpoint all this so precise this far out.

Interior SW CT maybe?

Snow growth isn't as good up here on the 00z NAM as I hoped. The max dendritic zone is still pretty much above the best omega. It gets alright when that heavy blob (I love when we all get scientific) moves through, but the -12C to -18C layer isn't very deep. We'll see, but these 20"+ totals this far out are a little crazy.

CON

post-3-0-83686500-1296444322.png

MHT

post-3-0-56947500-1296444324.png

BED

post-3-0-08364200-1296444321.png

ORH

post-3-0-22092500-1296444319.png

Yeah it's not classic, but at least you have some pretty good omega between -10C and -20C. That's not too bad. Probably a nice mix of plates, dendrites and columns.

The end of this event looks like the Saturday morning after the 12/19/08 event...where the inverted trough hangs back with decent mid-level support for like 6-12 hours...kind of a light snow that takes forever to turn off and might tack on some very cold thickness fluff.

12/20/08 I had 4.1" on 0.09" w.e.

Yeah it's not classic, but at least you have some pretty good omega between -10C and -20C. That's not too bad. Probably a nice mix of plates, dendrites and columns.

Yeah...it's probably better than 10:1, but not enough to be getting 20-25" predictions up here. We'd need near 20:1 for that. I don't understand the theme of TV guys going balls to the wall with amounts 2-3 days out.

Yeah...it's probably better than 10:1, but not enough to be getting 20-25" predictions up here. We'd need near 20:1 for that. I don't understand the theme of TV guys going balls to the wall with amounts 2-3 days out.

I feel inadequate with my through Tuesday evening 1"-3"/3"-6" forecast :(

Archived