• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part III

Typhoon Tip

Jesus christ the NAM whips this thing outta here fast at 72.... verbatim the NAM would only be a 3-5 inch deal then a 6-12 inch deal... Kinda ugly with the QPF IMO

00z NAM is about 6 hours faster than the 18z NAM... as a result, less precip???

What worries me now for CNE and NNE... is that if the first batch doesn't hit at all, its only like a 6-12 inches snowstorm... not the historical one everyone was honking at

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my bad - I will tone it down...might have offended the two people who live in eastern upstate NY...

I know a lot of people in eastern upstate NY, it's actually quite close to me. You didn't offend me however, you just outed yourself as a fairly close minded person that's all.

Still a long way to go folks. Just be glad it is colder than 12z.

Yep.

Every other storm for the last two yrs the 6z/18z over trend and the next main run still heads that way but less severe. It doesn't mean the trend has stopped as it hasn't for main runs. If the 12z goes warmer sure....otherwise this is exactly what always happens.

Jesus christ the NAM whips this thing outta here fast at 72.... verbatim the NAM would only be a 3-5 inch deal then a 6-12 inch deal... Kinda ugly with the QPF IMO

Why do you wonder why you are relegated to 5 posts/day?

Looks great to me. Two things continue...main runs shift the 0c se each run closer to the low in Illinois and Ohio - dynamics move of course and the end result qpf shows this.

At the same time 12z to 0z is colder. Not as cold as the over corrected 18z yet but it's going to keep trending I think.

At this rate sleet won't be an issue for ray will Scott and fella.

IMO very good trend for many of you.

This storm will finally have a good high for us...especially you. It's always great to see something like that. That's one of the biggest building blocks for cstl snows. Hopefully this continues a little south.

More precip than 18z up this way. We're probably 1.3-1.4'' of QPF, 18''-20'' with decent ratios.

Compared to 12z it's colder but this is certainly a close run to 12z than the 18z snow bomb.

BOS is pretty close to all snow still on 00z.

Most of CT/RI/SE Mass get a lot of sleet

I think you get a sick and twisted pleasure with kevin pinging til his paint peels off and I for one enjoy how you delight in his misery. popcorn.gif

The 850 temp gradient is pretty hellacious though, kinda nerve inducing considering how minute a shift it would take to be in SN+ or Heavy IP.

Here's 850s at 72 hrs on the 0z NAM... it looks like roughly +7 to -10 C from chatham to nashua though i can't read the specifics here well enough besides the tight lines bunched across the state. - happens to be just after the heavy precip departs but it's pretty similar for 63-69 when the heaviest is in the area.

post-1511-0-02147100-1296442214.png

:weenie:. You get 1.25+ on this run.

When are you going to be banned?

Not everything is life or death

This storm will finally have a good high for us...especially you. It's always great to see something like that. That's one of the biggest building blocks for cstl snows. Hopefully this continues a little south.

I think we should do okay with part one. Part two not sure yet for me but you guys seem fine. What's most notable to me is inside of 36/48 for Illinois it just keeps trending colder. I think that'll happen here too. I don't want to mention qpf but take a look at part two for mn mi etc...past several runs going se out there along with temps

Still plenty of time!

Archived