happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part III

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys....especially newer posters....keep the IMBY (in my backyard) questions out of the thread. Read the analysis and use common sense to extrapolate.

The last thing we need is IMBY questions cluttering up a thread that is already moving at a lightning fast pace. Asking multiple IMBY questions is a nice way to get restricted posting abilities.

We should almost make a "how much for my back yard?" thread where they can just go to town. Then we can keep the general analysis in here.

Compared to 12z it's colder but this is certainly a close run to 12z than the 18z snow bomb.

BOS is pretty close to all snow still on 00z.

Most of CT/RI/SE Mass get a lot of sleet

100% agree, this has sleet fest written all over it, all you really have to do is look at the synoptics here and how things look aloft, this setup is going to do anything in it's power to lift that warm front northward, a screaming LL/ML jet from a southerly direction and there really isn't much sign if this system occluding which would help to prevent the northward lift of the front...although by HR 66 this might change a bit.

Dude I just ran soundings for N Ct, it NEVER gets warmer than -2 across the column, it is cold thruout and definetly snow.

You're not getting what I'm saying. It's substantially warmer than 18z here. That is fact.

Whether or not it's still snow on the Mass line is beside the point. For 90% of my forecast area in CT the NAM is a lot of sleet.

Yeah it is a nice run for us, even a bit to our south.

Looks great to me. Two things continue...main runs shift the 0c se each run closer to the low in Illinois and Ohio - dynamics move of course and the end result qpf shows this.

At the same time 12z to 0z is colder. Not as cold as the over corrected 18z yet but it's going to keep trending I think.

At this rate sleet won't be an issue for ray will Scott and fella.

IMO very good trend for many of you.

You're not getting what I'm saying. It's substantially warmer than 18z here. That is fact.

Whether or not it's still snow on the Mass line is beside the point. For 90% of my forecast area in CT the NAM is a lot of sleet.

Oh my bad you said Kev was sleeting, not true and it is colder than 12 Z, ice storm cancel in NCT

Archived