Newest Member
    clydes6
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part III

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of things off the bat:

Nam and gfs has differences on s/w coming into us near montana at 0z. Gfs was faster, nam is even slower and more sw this run. 0z ruc and upper air seems to agree with the nam.

Second the system in California. Nam had more vorticity on the coast further north. Ruc and ua agree although it's not as strong as the nam modeled earlier.

In short two trends in the nam favor not sure how it plays out. If anything slower systems I think leans the nam had some decent ideas but who knows...to me looks like the atypical step back from the off hour over adjustment thru 18

Jerry, there will be a warm layer above H85.....sleet will make it a bit n of that line.

Yes. But transient. AS stated earlier today, we just don't get hours of sleet in my by. Rain, snow yes, not sleet for hours on end. Pingers at times and maybe even an hour or so, sure. But predominant...highly unusual climo wise.

Jerry, there will be a warm layer above H85.....sleet will make it a bit n of that line.

Sleet will probably taint the picture with that specific model right now but probably only a good 10-15 miles, not 20-30 north of that. I doubt that warm nose can penetrait that far.

Archived