clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part III

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You posting this 8-14 more times betwn now and the 00z runs look like a good call as of now...

Relax. I come here to read mostly. I usually come here to ask forecasts because weather intrigues me, i've always loved when it snows. I cant even really read the models when they are posted. I just come here to ask general questions. Sorry if this is such a bother to you. I posted it again because it got lost in the shuffle last time and nobody had answered.

Relax. I come here to read mostly. I usually come here to ask forecasts because weather intrigues me, i've always loved when it snows. I cant even really read the models when they are posted. I just come here to ask general questions. Sorry if this is such a bother to you. I posted it again because it got lost in the shuffle last time and nobody had answered.

:lol: I'm relaxed.....just bustn' 'em, bro.

I think that is a good first call for Boston, but they are tough because they are right on the pike.

You forgot the dilettantes!

The place is crawling with dilettantes and they will feel slighted for having left them unacknowledged.

They become sniffy then.

One toad in particular messaged me in a huff yesterday after I called him a "panty-waisted nancy boy" because he complained that shoveling snow has spoiled his manicure.

He wants me banned.

I begged him for mercy in my reply.

It would be unseemly of me to reveal his name here to you so I'll mention only his initials:

"Rivers"

Vim Toot!

Don't worry many people in here gave him a hard time about that...guitar.gif

Helluva line in the chicago AFD. I travelled there for the 99 blizzard to hang with my best bud. If we weren't getting this storm too, I'd be on a plane.

"TOTAL SNOWFALL IS CURRENTLYFORECASTED FOR THE EVENT IN EXCESS OF ONE FOOT TO SOME LOCATIONSRECEIVING UP TO TWO FEET. THERE CONTINUES TO BE A FEW MODELSOLUTIONS THAT HAVE SUGGESTED SNOW RATIOS WOULD BE SLIGHTLYHIGHER...WHICH COULD LEAD TO STORM TOTALS MUCH HIGHER. CONFIDENCEGOING ABOVE THE CURRENT FORECAST IS MUCH LOWER WITH THIS FORECASTPKG."

BOX seems to be hedging warm.

I miss Walt Drag.

I think they're trying to stick with the Euro model to tightly. I think it will be colder than progged but we'll see. I guess until they see a very persitant trend colder, that's when they'll follow suit.

BOX seems to be hedging warm.

I miss Walt Drag.

They are going 100% EURO, which I don't entirely agree with... compromise hedged 75% towards the EURO and 25% toward the consensus of everything else....which corresponds nicely with the transition zone that I have envisioned all along...MA pike.

They are going 100% EURO, which I don't entirely agree with... compromise hedged 75% towards the EURO and 25% toward everything else....which corresponds nicely with the transotion zone that I have envisioned all along...MA pike.

Hard to deviate from the Euro, even at this point in the winter.

Since I've been off the grid for much of the weekend, could you kindly catch me up as to what the Euro showed -- with a Boston interest in mind -- for the week?

Hard to deviate from the Euro, even at this point in the winter.

Since I've been off the grid for much of the weekend, could you kindly catch me up as to what the Euro showed -- with a Boston interest in mind -- for the week?

Snow to sleet to snow. 6+ for sure but the high end is hard to say. Euro ensembles were colder. :snowman:

Archived