• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
1/28 NYC clipper obs.

MJO812

Had some flurries in Linden NJ at about 10:30AM. Sun is peeking out now. Hoping the blob approaching from the southwest holds together. Wouldn't mind a little light coating to freshen the snowpack. Too bad we had that warming around January 8th, decimating the 29 inches. Actually, I agree with my wife's theory of that rapid melt. It was due more to the evening temps not going below freezing than the daytime highs reaching the 40's. The snow could not re-freeze at night.

Linda Church (WPIX11) mentioned that the snow showers today could "wreck the evening commute."

Not meaning to bash, but I don't get her forecasts sometimes.

Doesnt appear likely, but after the run of snow we've had the last few weeks i doubt snow showers or flurries could 'wreck' the commute anyway. The first flakes in November, now thats a different story. People ride the brakes and grip the wheel in total panic.

I was just going to say that lol. It could snow like this every few days with nothing else for the rest of the winter and I would be perfectly happy.

Hopefully tomorrow's clipper surprises, it looks pretty good coming through PA on the models. If today's didn't get eaten up by the mountains, some form of tomorrow's should make it here also.

Light to dare I say it moderate here in Lynbrook..A beautiful half to one inch is conceivable, agreed Alex?

Depends on how long this stays over us. The one coming through tomorrow is stronger. But we might have a quarter inch already.

Archived