Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a feeling it wasn't the same horrible screwhole situation like we had for you earlier this year... For whatever reason you were last to fill in.

More of God playing games with your mind.

Still think you get ****showed later on. I'm staying up. Might have to dip into beverages like some other prestigious members here to add to the undeniable entertainment.

When you have any kind of low level convergence nearby, it makes you more prone to subsidence.....sometimes it's fleeting, sometimes it really kills you....other times it's intermittent.

The oes is low level convergence.

Well my max depth in 96 was probably close to 28 or 30" (on the shoreline) but it melted in like a week. I've had >12" forever this time!

I think we have 15" OTG before this storm so once again we'll be back up around 2 feet.

We are going to be ripping for hours...the radar is sick over us.

I think max depth is a big determinant.

Agreed.. that's definitely the #1 determinant followed by consistent snowpack.

Just did a quick measurement at least 16" snowpack.. no more than 3" to go to top my record. And LE is probably already my highest since this is old stuff and the old record was just freshies from 12/19/10 and another ~19" storm from I think '05?

You guys probably scoff at 16" but that is HUGE for me.

8-14" for some areas of ema... I think bigtime totals.. spc mesoanalysis site has biggest numbers of the winter for banding and fronto.. gung hoooooooooooo

yikes.pngunsure.gif really not convinced on that one. I mean, yeah, banding could be OK, but we'd really really have to rip every hour and I think 5-9 " looks reasonable right now.

Well my max depth in 96 was probably close to 28 or 30" (on the shoreline) but it melted in like a week. I've had >12" forever this time!

I think we have 15" OTG before this storm so once again we'll be back up around 2 feet.

That is why if I get near the 27" max depth I had that winter, this one will beat it because we don't have a torch coming on the heels of it.

I had about 19-20" to start.

After yesterday and today I was around 20, need 14 more on the ground to break 96

Dude its a near whiteout now, wow

yikes.pngunsure.gif really not convinced on that one. I mean, yeah, banding could be OK, but we'd really really have to rip every hour and I think 5-9 " looks reasonable right now.

Take a peek at whats happening upstream.. DC 100,000 without power, tsnow ripping up the sne seaboard now racing north, strong banding evident on radar... someones going to get ripped and ripped hard. :snowman:

This is more exciting than the HECS for me and it's right up there with Boxing Day. It has the same snow with a little less wind. That gust before rivaled anything we saw that night. The two-part aspect really added to the fun here.

this will be the best storm of the year for me just because I finally got into one of the mega bands!! pushing 8 maybe 9" by now and the end is not in sight yet.. this should pass boxing day and come close to 1/12..

Well I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if things came to a halt quickly after 1 a.m.

All the models are really showing this crashing east at that point. So I'm still cautious.

Hoping this thing halts for as long as possible...still really haven't seen much in the way of an eastward jog with the precip shield which is good. I'll be going out in 12 min to measure.

Take a peek at whats happening upstream.. DC 100,000 without power, tsnow ripping up the sne seaboard now racing north, strong banding evident on radar... someones going to get ripped and ripped hard. :snowman:

I see what you're saying with that and it seems to be CT. But you could be right, we'll see soon.

this will be the best storm of the year for me just because I finally got into one of the mega bands!! pushing 8 maybe 9" by now and the end is not in sight yet.. this should pass boxing day and come close to 1/12..

I'm starting to think it might happen here too, I'm scared to say it but that mega band may be setting up over all of us along that corridor

Hoping this thing halts for as long as possible...still really haven't seen much in the way of an eastward jog with the precip shield which is good. I'll be going out in 12 min to measure.

I could see it start to fall apart rather suddenly.

But yeah it's def. going to last longer than the models were showing. Even the 00z ones.

Archived