Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...people on here always go overly ape**** over those 45-55dBZ echoes. :lol:

And report ++SN with huge flakes when its usually aggregates that are huge but like 3/4 or 1 mi vis....not saying it is this time, but we see it all the time on here, lol. :lol:

This one has some legit beef behind it though. The lift is so intense, we could actually see some stuff that is a bit shy of Dec 23, 1997...obviously not equaling it, but aggregates that produce heavy snow.

Imagine if that kicker would have f**ked off....WOW

Kicker wasn't the problem, stupid little s/w's coming off the coast was. Imagine instead of just "this" we had 12 hours of heavy snow today and then something like this. Stupid cake hole that opened up took this out of the prolonged epic event status. I saw Weathafella talking about the euro being right etc.....none of the models that had this as one big event were close to right, but neither were the OTS part 1 models either. Take away that s/w /meso low induced dryslot and this was one for the ages again.

As it is, it's going to be another historic event in terms of intensity. There are people sleeping now that will make up to 8, 10, maybe even 15" of snow?

And report ++SN with huge flakes when its usually aggregates that are huge but like 3/4 or 1 mi vis....not saying it is this time, but we see it all the time on here, lol. :lol:

This one has some legit beef behind it though. The lift is so intense, we could actually see some stuff that is a bit shy of Dec 23, 1997...obviously not equaling it, but aggregates that produce heavy snow.

You know I had that date in my mind while watching Noyes lol

Finally coming down good here!

It's insane, here too. How much do you think we get from round 2/who is gonna win?

Yeah...people on here always go overly ape**** over those 45-55dBZ echoes. :lol:

we are dumping hard here!!! the view is very similar to boxing day (we only had 17") winds blowing snow down and howling.

Almost pure snow now for past 40 minutes, 30+ dBZ for over an hour! Picked up 1.8 inches of snow past hour.

Essentially a white out in Old Lyme. Simply, beautiful.

Well i am going ape**** too fooking DOUBLE SHOT HOUR

24/22, sn, Awesome snowfall rates at times, nice night to Alpine Tour, deep base with fresh snow falling heavily. Nothing like moving silently through the woods with every sound muffled by falling snow. What a great Winter. CoT FTW.

How were the winds? Blowin' good here.

Big Winter incoming! Big Winter

Earlier Kev said this might be one of the better wx surprises for many folks... he might be right

Kicker wasn't the problem, stupid little s/w's coming off the coast was. Imagine instead of just "this" we had 12 hours of heavy snow today and then something like this. Stupid cake hole that opened up took this out of the prolonged epic event status. I saw Weathafella talking about the euro being right etc.....none of the models that had this as one big event were close to right, but neither were the OTS part 1 models either. Take away that s/w /meso low induced dryslot and this was one for the ages again.

As it is, it's going to be another historic event in terms of intensity. There are people sleeping now that will make up to 8, 10, maybe even 15" of snow?

Well, I'm just talking about this 2nd punchg in and of itself....not the 1st batch, but you're right.

Shrewsbury got 6" in 1 hour from that...really!?! Holy cwap!

Ayer got 8" in 1 hour!!!!

double cwap!

Disagree...it was a major problem for getting this to slow down. It was so close in proximity. Look in the KU book or all the huge storms for New England that aren't in the KU book, you will never see a kicker that close unless the system is obscenely negative tilt (this one wasn't). There were obviously some other issues as you pointed out, but the kicker was an issue.

The track of the ULL is going to win the day...its all that mattered for heavy snow. It got far enough north and close enough for heavy snow regardless of impulses to the east of it. The other stuff may have cost us a couple inches, but in the end, the proximity of the kicker won';t let the ULL hold on long enough to give monster totals. It will be a run of the mill heavy snowstorm, albeit an exciting one since it will happen with high rates.

YUP!

I always forget UCAR... one of those words that always slips from my brain. I love their loops cause you can change the duration right in the url.

UCAR is my favorite model site b/c you can have all the hours on one page and you don't have to do so much clicking back and forth, only when changing what you're looking at.

What I've always wondered is how people know how fast snow is falling. I hear all the time here I have 1/2", snowing like crazy 2" per hour rates.

Big bright banding right now.

Anyone reporting thunder anywhere?

Archived