Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I've noticed the EEN AWOS vis won't make a decent drop until there's some solid sized dendrites coming down. As it is, snow growth is pretty poor right now, but definitely falling at a moderate clip, with about 0.4" on the ground now.

I'm not really excited for Keene. Might tack on another inch, but not expecting more than 3" here.

Yeah this looks like one heck of a 6 hour snow bomb for you.

I think mentioned it earlier -- as the convective elements nearing LI interact with the ML frontogenesis, it'll really go to town for a few hours. 2-3in/hr thundersnow for sure. It's speed through the region will prevent widespread 12+, but I could see lollis of 12-15"

God damn that kicker.

That graphic is used only when there is some sort of advisory. I'd think they could update their grids to a couple inches for you and I, maybe even a third for PWM. Of course, I'm a weenie and they're pros. We'll see how it shakes out. Radar looks better than I was expecting, though.

Wow, will be fun to see what happens overnight into tomorrow. I bet I get at least 2-4. Heck, if the NAM verified, places in SE NH could see over 8.

SE PA

2011012702metarsalb.gif

Looks like it's MQS with the 1/2SM +SN...that AWOS has been a mess tonight. Garbage.

PHL has the 1/4SM SN. It's possible there could be some fog/mist that is reducing vis along with the snow. They may have augmented the ob if the snow wasn't accounting for the 1/4SM alone.

Archived