Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's starting to look like the Euro from every run before last night's 0Z may verify. Kind of like the king sitting back and saying..."watch this".

You know Jerry, you made a similar point earlier and I disagreed (I countered something like "EURO can somehow manage to show correct qpf with totally wrong synoptics" etc etc)... but I'm thinking you're on to something. This has been some thrilling model drama!

The Philly metro area is getting clobbered right now. This is gonna be an interesting night. I think the 1-5am timeframe could rival 12/26 if the RUC holds.

He is a huge weenie at heart. He was fun to talk snow with back in college.

I'll tell you what, if we all get hit pretty hard in this storm, he will officially be in the zone...like 3 storms in a row nailed. Sometimes forecasters get into a zone like a hitter at the plate and they just see things well and start nailing everything.

From what I hear, you have been in a zone for a while now...

Do you watch his livestream?

Too bad I backed off at the last moment....my 8-16" may verify....folks at wk don't know I backed off.:devilsmiley:

I've been on the 8-15 set since last Friday. I never wavered which is why I stayed up until the 6z NAM last night, and was bashing my TV mets for going 5-8 last night. I was like "THROW OUT THE AMERICAN'S!!"

LOL NOyes is tossn' them left and right...high, low.....got him to confess to beeing a weenie

LOL he definitely earned it for sticking to his guns and forecasting a ripping snow storm despite ugly model trends and no model support.

I remember last night with 00z rolling in ...he literally said something like "I'd love to find any model to use for my forecast graphics but literally none of them are even close ... guess I'll just do it by hand"

Then he looked at the WV and the ULL bowling ball and was like F the models how can this miss, then blasted bon jovi livin on a prayer. it was maybe the all time most weeniest moment of all time, so awesome.

Archived