Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting CF. BOS 34, me 27.2. I'm on the good side and hopefully that stays.

Amen to that, neighbor.

Friends in Philly reporting frequent thunder and lightning, obscene snowfall rates some of the heaviest the area has seen in 10+ years...

And some of the worst snowstorm modeling I've seen since the days of EasternUSWx... literally the RUC and perhaps 6hr panel of NAM/GFS are the only worthwhile models...

Folks, we have an exciting night ahead of us!

laugh.gif

Starting to come down good here with moderate snow under that band taking shape here in far W MA. 26.2 degrees, so snow should be a bit drier here than on the coastal plain. I really like the S to N motion of that stuff down in SW CT. Maybe we'll be on the good side of the gradient (big difference between ALB, PSF, and BAF looking likely), contrary to what the models have all been saying and wind up in the deformation band. MRG should do real well, even if I miss out a bit.

Mitch, I was just looking at that trajectory. Looks like its moving due North. We could both get a good thump. SN+

Check out the PHL radar. You can see the mid level fronto. Notice the sort of convective look to the echoes east pf PHL. but smoother echoes to the west. There's the mid level warm front, but it is slowly moving east.

post-33-0-40089800-1296090863.gif

Great, yes, I can see it is right along the CT border too as these storms come and look very well lit up to my W and SW since we're still warm.

He should be absolutely ripping tunes out of the accordion later tonight when he snowing at 2 inches per hour.

The Accordion Tune Will Wanted

I tried embedding it, but I'm having trouble. So just click the Link. It's interesting to see all the TV mets saying "so I've gone back to the 6-10 amounts and there maaaayyyyy be some 12" amounts" lol.

Archived