Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco/Obs - Gametime

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ... 12-15" on a 10:1 if someone on the interior cape could stay snow LOL

i'm not sure that staying snow (.i.e. i don't think prolonged rain is as big a factor anymore) will necessarily be the problem as much as just a few hours where it's mixed or very poor ratios. a bit later this evening when the precip lightens up the mid-levels warm a bit but the low levels just off the deck actually start to cool...so i'd suspect that some -SN/-DZ/-IP will be around before things go to town later on. i'm not moving off of what i've had going for #s but i wouldn't be shocked to see an 11 or 12 out that way.

Looks like a nail biter here in the Berks. Unlike some of the past storms this winter that featured more gradual cutoff, this event looks to have an "all or nothing" type of cutoff where you go from 25-30 dBZ snow to clear in a matter of 15-20 miles. Where exactly that "wall of snow" sets up will determine who wins and who loses around here. I could see a situation where the extreme SE corner of the county gets 6" while the NW corner gets nothing more than a dusting.

Based on how the moisture is streaming in to fill in that gap in the precip, I'd have to think it'll be completely closed and a solid shield of precip by the time it gets to central and eastern mass. Looks like this low is going to be intensifying at just about the best time for most of the region to get some really heavy snow weight_lift.gif

Yeah...something ain't right if you and I are included in that. The latent heat release from Ray's workout at the gym is going to draw the low NW and we'll flip to rain.

laugh.gif

A zebrafish also queefed to dampen your convective induced mesolow so all the moisture does end up in the CCB after all

Picked up a bit over 4 inches with first batch. Not a bad start, wouldn't mind adding another 2-4 inches with next batch. Just wondering Anyone here from North Haven? Someones reporting 8 inches, doesn't seem accurate.. Considering its only a mile or two away from here lol. (i assume its same person who measured 0.8 inches of ice last ice storm when we North Haven got mostly rain hehe)

Picked up a bit over 4 inches with first batch. Not a bad start, wouldn't mind adding another 2-4 inches with next batch. Just wondering Anyone here from North Haven? Someones reporting 8 inches, doesn't seem accurate.. Considering its only a mile or two away from here lol. (i assume its same person who measured 0.8 inches of ice last ice storm when we North Haven got mostly rain hehe)

Still snowing down there?

Connecticut

... Windham County... 
  Moosup 2.2 222 PM 1/26 general public 

Massachusetts

... Bristol County... 
  Taunton 2.0 224 PM 1/26 ham radio 
  4 NNW Taunton 1.7 303 PM 1/26 NWS office 

Rhode Island

... Kent County... 
  West Warwick 2.2 308 PM 1/26 

... Providence County... 
  Cumberland 1.0 255 PM 1/26 NWS employee 

... Washington County... 
  westerly 2.0 151 PM 1/26 

and the same one who reported the 30" on the 1/12 storm?

Archived