Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco/Obs - Gametime

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad that BOX is going all in and bumping up their totals despite what the models (besides the RUC says) - gives me confidence that my weenie goggles aren't on crooked. Explosion of precip and convection in the Mid Atl connecting the two main precip shields are a good sign for things to come iMO.

http://thunderstorm....m/explorer.html

Left 2 hours ago after seeing 3 snowflakes in Lowell, and return to see none. Talk about a sharp boundary.

The clown radar now has a sharp boundary between no snow (here) and places where steady snow is occurring ..... Wayland/Sudbury etc.

Otherwise it has hardly moved in 2 hours, but apparently snow has broken out in BOS and up to a point just north of the Pike

Also, everyone's mood seems better.

Does this mean the boundary is moving north? Is it snowing in Wilmington?

Inquiring minds........

For the first time since 9 am the snow has completely stopped. Stoked to see the nam and some in house wrf's spread the love for all of sne, sucks reporting snow when many are not seeing it, things should absolutely rock tonight, good luck to all!:weight_lift::snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

Oh wow! Thank you so much, that is an awesome link. I just downloaded it all for BDR and will do more when it's not snowing. This will be very helpful for entertainment and work purposes. As you can imagine BDR usually comes up short of me, mostly because they're in the middle of Great Meadows Marsh, but it will be a tremendous help to see this over time for all of the CT stations. I'm aiming (sometime soon enough) to start extensive climatological and ornithological comparisons in CT. Both fields have tremendous experts doing great work in CT, but they are often not looked at together in avian conservation.

Light snow, struggling to keep itself from a flurry, continues. Radar looks like dry air is getting us again.

I saved you the time...since I've done it before I know what needs to be done to quickly to clean it up and do the seasonal averages. Here's what I get for Top 10 at BDR since 1948-49

1995-1996: 79.7"

1977-1978: 67.6"

1966-1967: 62.1"

1993-1994: 60.0"

2004-2005: 57.0"

1964-1965: 55.8"

1948-1949: 54.3"

1960-1961: 53.9"

2008-2009: 52.1"

1957-1958: 51.5"

So maybe still a little ways to go to break into top 10 down that way? Either way...we're on pace to get there.

Archived