Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco/Obs - Gametime

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it's not snowing there presently and many of us are getting more than him?:yikes:

i think it's safe to say he'd be pleasently suprised at the 7.5 on that map (esp. if it verifys)

this is such an awsome now cast event

Ginx saying N. stream ran up against a brick wall....well see about that this evening. keep chuggin N baby) come to the pike.

sn- in W. framingham (bout 150 feet from exit 12 /pike)

I can't remember ever going into an event being clueless. Sure, I've been wrong many times, but I seemingly had a clue (although maybe flawed). This one, I have no clue. Even nowcasting is not working. Looking at WV loops and radar trends a few hour ago, I thought I'd be lucky to get 2". Now, looking at that same data, I wouldnt be surprised if I got a foot. No clue!

If I lived anywhere SE of BOS-TOL, went to bed last night after looking at the models, and today looked at the radar...I'd think I was looking at a different storm all-together. Yes, there will be a rather dramatic cutoff, probably somewhere around ORH-FIT, but whoever is SE of the cutoff is going to get shellacked. The convection down in VA is ridiculously impressive.

Archived