Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco/Obs - Gametime

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we got 20" at my house and there was a band 10 miles to my west and 10 miles to my east i was pissed!

the PNS reported

newtown to my west 29" i drove to confirm and there is much more snow on the ground

and the jackpot north haven 31.5.. i drive to north haven every monday for bball and its rediculous over there so i believe it..

and several other spots in the state were 25-30" mostly eastern though besides the newtown area

Yup, the route 8 shaft from that one, 20" works though

Man, about to have a meltdown.....I'm going to the GYM so I don't ruin the thread and get 5\dayed.

Be back, later......hope those who are getting it enjoy.

:lol: Your freakout posts are great haha

Im expecting maybe 3-6 tonight and much closer to the 3" here in Lowell. I know guidance portrayed this as a bigger event region wide a couple days ago but theres nothing wrong with a couple inches to freshen up the snow pack. If anything, I wish this was modeled to be more of costal runner with the larger QPF values. At least that would have given this robust snowpack even more staying power ..

I am starting to wonder how long of a dry period we get before the ull snows arrive, I cant remember which meso model showed it, but it had light to moderate precip continually developing just south of li throughout the day before the ull snows came in.

well looking at radar today the gap has filled in a little between the 2 storms and also have been wondering if we have a shorter lull or are we going to see it fill in more which if you look really close down on the delmarva and se pa you may see signs of this happening.

Baro has mentioned that the Euro keeps plowing strong waves through the western ridge and phasing them.....but in the end the GFS has always ended up more correct weakening them through the ridge and bringing them east and then strengtheing them.....so that cutter is with a grain of salt.

Definitly on a day 7 prog

im glad that you and I are reporting the same exact total for the season.. considering we are about 5-10 miles away and both at high elevations.. this way no one can argue about us measuring wrong

Yeah, we were pretty close last year as well if I remember correctly, which was much more than areas around us. The luck continues I guess!

Well even if it was 4-8 ..that isn't a bad storm. at all. considering this has been the winter of overperformers..I'm pretty enthused byt what is falling now..and how the north push is coming now..Look south and west of HFD

I dunno, the 20-25dbz is not all that impressive atm, hight end light to low end mod snow imo

The 18z RUC has the 5h deformation axis over TOL-ORH to perhaps Ray's area later tonight between about midnight and 2 or 3am. Probably too far NW, but its interesting that it keeps doing it. We'll need to wait until its inside of 6h to believe it.

Archived