Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco/Obs - Gametime

Baroclinic Zone

Thank you much.

Why do you say I'm your new favorite? Some kind of inside NOOB kind of joke thing?

Anyway, to make a post of some substance, since my last post about 5 minutes ago, snow has really picked up and the flakes have gotten much bigger. Loving this.

Good to have you here, Tim. The three of us that live in God's Country (GC) will experience today's snow vicariously through your posts!

Clouds, but sun shining brightly. Toasty--27.0/22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RI coast getting pounded now...assuming most of that is snow. Hard to believe there isn't some sleet mixed it. We may just get clipped with the western edge of that in the next hour. That LI band really lost its intensity further west...which either means there was sleet and its transitioned to snow as it approaches CT...or there some dry air working in. Either way...snow will continue for another couple hours on the shoreline before the lull.

Steady snow and sticking @ 31.5F

RI coast getting pounded now...assuming most of that is snow. Hard to believe there isn't some sleet mixed it. We may just get clipped with the western edge of that in the next hour. That LI band really lost its intensity further west...which either means there was sleet and its transitioned to snow as it approaches CT...or there some dry air working in. Either way...snow will continue for another couple hours on the shoreline before the lull.

Yes, my band is failing me, ugh. I think it's both the transition to all snow and some dry air.

According to my rain guage, I have successfully melted .01" from the collection bucket. With patches of blue, I'm thinking that's the only qpf I'll be able to write about.

On a serious note, I can see the heavier overcast to the south. It looks like it miight be further south than Pete. Regardless, there's a clear S/N gradient of heavy overcast to blue patches.

Temp up to 27.4 and gettign some "roof slides".

Good to have you here, Tim. The three of us that live in God's Country (GC) will experience today's snow vicariously through your posts!

Clouds, but sun shining brightly. Toasty--27.0/22

There are four of you (that I can think of)

You

Pete

Chris

Pro-Lurker (Mike? from B'East)

Is Chris considered GC? I thinks so, but it is pretty Ct Valley-ish there.

Anyway, this is ok for me that I only get 1/4 what I was hoping for... I have passed to the next stage... acceptance. I am addicted to snow, and I have a problem.

12z Euro initializes slightly more amplified than the 12z GFS along with 2 lows inland and the HSE low.

Doesn't end very well...pushes stuff almost due east.

0.50" line is barely to BOS or not even. S of HFD. 0.25" line makes it just NW of a PSM-ORH line...The Cape gets over an inch of qpf though.

Archived