• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco V

Baroclinic Zone

Thanks for being objective Ray. I disagree with everyone that says this is like the 0z Euro at all. It's moving away from that solution towards the NAM/RGEM (I'm betting UK) consensus. The initial main pulse of moisture isn't really there, we wait for the CCB/comma head to roll over us.

It's a great storm, it's just on the extreme side of what we've seen this year (east)

I don't think it's right, but it's less robust than 00z.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving towards Euro with dynamics. We'll see if the Euro hands everyone their azz in this one....

Wouldn't that be great?

I'm assuming more of a "consensus" solution, with BOS ending up around .70" right now.

But if the Euro holds serve it'll be tough to bet against it... I'm actually most interested in the 18z NAM to see how it shifts.

Uncle says we're getting hit and hit hard. Euro won't change much...take that to the bank...

It's almost identical to the 12z GFS weathafella...it probably couldn't agree more than it is.

I don't think it's right, but it's less robust than 00z.

thanks Ray

The 12z GFS did not trend toward the 00z Euro imo. It's actually less amplified at 36 hours than it's previous two runs (06z and 00z).

I agree.

Crazy uncle looks solid....missing the critical 42h panel, but you can extrapolate

: Jerry beat me to it.

Likewise, it's very, very similar to the GFS.

The low is more tucked in at 36 hours than the GFS.

Barely. And not to do the same red herring deal you did with me earlier, you've said the UKIE is horrendous multiple times this winter. I think the mid levels are in very good agreement. Again, it's a good hard hit for a lot of people.

I am going to have fun with this storm. Can't wait for the 12z GGEM/Euro.

Yep, lock it up.

It's almost identical to the 12z GFS weathafella...it probably couldn't agree more than it is.

I'm not sure about that. qpf is way more expansive. Look at the 42 hours...you don't think that would crush western MA/Berks Monads? Remember 48 hours just gives the 6 hour qpf. I think it's much more Euroesque. Admittedly I didn't look at upper levels...

Archived