Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They screamed band from hell over SNE at 06z tomorrow night. :lol:

Nice little jump NW from the 12z run.

yeah never seen that before......insider perks i guess!

if you put all the pieces of the modeling together, with that ULL in that postion, id say there is a good chance for a 6 hour type mega-thump with this one somewhere over SNE.

OT, but what a winter this has been for the southeast, too. Seems every time I look, some Gulf coast state is getting serious snow, and there was the Cape Hatteras storm the other day. Winter Stom Warnings/Watches out for much of the mid south now. This storm could make this winter the second snowiest on record in Huntsville, AL.

if you put all the pieces of the modeling together, with that ULL in that postion, id say there is a good chance for a 6 hour type mega-thump with this one somewhere over SNE.

This thing should have great banding. Classic mid level low track. We'll have to see if the inflow is sufficient, but I'm pretty sure it will be.

Only one SREF member gets the 0.50" contour up here and that one brings the ULL over MTP. This just isn't our storm. Enjoy SNEers.

CNE is in the same position NYC was in last winter. On the outside looking in on most of the big MA events, several glancing blows etc. That's our and especially your winter in a nutshell thus far. Another pedestrian snowpack refresher when all is said and done.

What's your total so far?

We got 1.5" today. 7" tommorrow, 2-4 Sat on the way

Don't know i'm at work in Maynard right now. Heading home in a few minutes i'll measure it up tonight there was about an 1" when I left this morning so 1.5-2" seems about right. All these small amounts are adding up.

CNE is in the same position NYC was in last winter. On the outside looking in on most of the big MA events, several glancing blows etc. That's our and especially your winter in a nutshell thus far. Another pedestrian snowpack refresher when all is said and done.

My winter in a nutshell? I have 4 events over 5", 2 over a foot, and 1 over 20".

Well BDL finished with 1.9'' of snow today bringing their seasonal total up to 59.1''...so all they need is 10.9'' to make this a top 10 winter. If we just see a slight shift west with track that is very doable.

Everytime i see a post about BDL...i have to post back. They have over reported their seasonal totals by at least a foot!! Whether or not anything can be done about it or not ( I hope there is an investigation just like BWI) it still needs to be said, It is just so wrong. They are only over reporting five or six inches for the month so that isnt bad as far as monthly totals go but for the season its big and it is a tainted record bc this will go into the top ten even if the storm train were to slow down in the future. There is no doubt in my mind they will pick up another foot for the season in the worst of possible weather circumstances.

When they reach around eighty inches with no further over reporting I will extend them the most sincere congrats!

the difference is that these pedestrian events pile up at this lattitude......this aint nyc in that regards....i guess it depends if you are interested in depth primarily.

Archived