Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So fellow weather enthusiast, you have seen the 5 day, you have seen the ten day, you have seen some 15 days. Weenie me please but heres the gig. I have about 18 inches of snow on the ground,Goofus gives me about 3 QPF from now until the 15 are over, Euro around 1.75 in ten, GGEM around the same, temps fail to go much above freezing, I think I can break my all time personal depth record of 34 inches by my birthday Feb 10th. Shooting for it. hopefully the SWFE the Euro shows is a front end dumper ice machine, that would be the time period I would worry about. Carry on with qpf fetish.

Right, b/c they could just as easily end up putting out WWA for NW areas depending on tonight's models.

It could just as easily be warnings tonight.

One of the things I've noticed over the years is that once the convection is firing in a system the next main run seems to have much less trouble. I'm guessing that'll be the case tonight at 0z.

Not sure you need a shift. The def band usually sets up west of what is progged. Based on that, I think we may be sitting pretty up here. I remember the 2006 storm where we got 22"- Southwick about 10miles NW got only 12"

Well BDL finished with 1.9'' of snow today bringing their seasonal total up to 59.1''...so all they need is 10.9'' to make this a top 10 winter. If we just see a slight shift west with track that is very doable.

take a chill pill dude...it's going to snow.

wah...I'm only getting 6-12"!

lmaosmiley.gif misinterpreted my tone !!!

i'm not stressed about this at all... it's weather LOL

just trying to emphasize the difference between incremental changes and fundamental synoptic changes on the various NAM runs... most of what we've seen so far today are the former

Not sure you need a shift. The def band usually sets up west of what is progged. Based on that, I think we may be sitting pretty up here. I remember the 2006 storm where we got 22"- Southwick about 10miles NW got only 12"

Thats where I am at. On the western edge almost in G'ville.. I would be very happy with 6.

Archived