Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit concerned by the northern stream energy trying to kick this east, but the southern stream looks really juiced right now on the water vapor...line convection extending almost to the Bay of Campeche...so we'll see how those two battle it out.

I wonder if it tries to hook back north once it gets near the BM. The 12z euro hinted at it and even the Canadian ensembles. It's like it wants to kicked ene because of the nrn stream kicker, but the srn disturbance is very strong and tries to tug this further west. I wasn't a fan of that nrn stream disturbance showing up more on the 12z run, but you can see how they are battling it out, because the southern s/w wants to curl heights back into a classic "S" shape pattern, but the northern disturbance tries to flatten it out.

That is a crap load of convection in the GOM right now.

Kevin,

The euro is not 1' to 2' of snow...the ratios with this aren't going to be that great...maybe 10:1...12:1 at best.

Not getting 2' of snow with ratios that low.

You wont have any idea what the ratios are unless you have a cross section of the Euro...you can't see omega.

You wont have any idea what the ratios are unless you have a cross section of the Euro...you can't see omega.

I was using more of the NAM/GFS for the very reason you mentioned...I don't think the Euro would be anything ideally different than the two but maybe I'm wrong.

Are you able to see omega or no?

Very much looking forward to the 18z NAM. Though I imagine many would not agree with me, I feel that the magnitude and direction of its adjustments from the 12z run will be a strong bellwether with regard to trends as we close in on a final solution this evening and early tomorrow.

There was a discussion last night of the classic biases at 6z and 18z, where 6z is often a whiff and 18z produces the spectacular amped up QPF bomb. I would love to see the latter just to mess with everyone. A 2.5" bullseye over Mt. Tolland is what I am thinking.

Archived