Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so about a 50% trim. I'm not being a dick when I point out the euro caved towards the other guidance. It's still a great hit, but it was overblown on the big happy storm and came to the splitter.

it's still considerably more amplified than the GFS...it's hard to say it caved...but yeah it did shift southeast by a tad due to the northern kicker.

I thought it was more amplified than last run...why the shift east?

It may be that same amplitude is causing it to erode the western periphery of the Atlantic ridge ...just a supposition. But yeah, odd and interesting variance.

I'm going to fall off my chair if the NAM wins this again -

it's still considerably more amplified than the GFS...it's hard to say it caved...but yeah it did shift southeast by a tad due to the northern kicker.

We are probably going to end up with like a 70/30 hedge toward the original Euro solution in the end. This is close to that.

Okay so about a 50% trim. I'm not being a dick when I point out the euro caved towards the other guidance. It's still a great hit, but it was overblown on the big happy storm and came to the splitter.

it hasnt been a rock this year, thats for sure.

when the NAM is winning battles, its been a tricky winter :lol:

euro is just another piece of guidance this season.

best bet has been to ride the ensembles.

ive been cursing that northern stream energy for the past 5 days.

its pretty much what stops the storm from getting up here......and turning you guys to mix.

just be happy you have it around, to at least keep you snowy.:snowman:

nice so this event depends on the N. stream threading the needle to a degree. i guess we knew that but it should be what keeps things especially interesting in the last 36 hours.

It was the only model with a region wide mega storm. It caved. It's still a great storm.

it hasnt been a rock this year, thats for sure.

when the NAM is winning battles, its been a tricky winter :lol:

euro is just another piece of guidance this season.

best bet has been to ride the ensembles.

Yeah I agree. The only concern I have going forward now is with the Euro coming off the western position some - every single meso model is more SE. If it's not a feedback issue but instead that QPF/dynamics won't extend as far NW on the other side of intense banding...things could still change.

Leaves the door open.

Really liked the idea someone had of a Euro QPF thread with a list of NE stations that someone with access could just plug in after a run. Hate to ask how much in my backyard but no one has meantioned Plymouth NH, Laconia or Leb NH amounts for 12Z Euro. I would really appreciate if someone could post. Thanks!!!! Gene

2 features on 12Z Euro.

1. It has moved about 10 miles east and is now over the BM but that may not be the most important change.

2. It doesn't wrap up until late in the game. That limits the more expansive qpf it had earlier.

If NAM wins bow down to it but I'd be shocked and fall off a more precarious chair than John.

2 features on 12Z Euro.

1. It has moved about 10 miles east and is now over the BM but that may not be the most important change.

2. It doesn't wrap up until late in the game. That limits the more expansive qpf it had earlier.

If NAM wins bow down to it but I'd be shocked and fall off a more precarious chair than John.

Does it have my clipper?!

2 features on 12Z Euro.

:lmao:

2 features on 12Z Euro.

The RAOB missing in a key area from the NAM makes me suspicious of it.

That said the Euro did come a long way off it's solution of a big wrapped up storm. It's now like all the others in having a semi-split shield and it takes longer to wrap up.

What if the meso's aren't having feedback issues but are instead picking up on what will be intense banding that limits the NW extent of precip?

Archived